Wanted - ABS rear wheel bearing

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Wooscary
BXpert

Wanted - ABS rear wheel bearing

Post by Wooscary »

Hello

The garage are having a hard time tracking one down, so while they continue to search, thought I'd ask here
if anyone has one or knows of a source that I can point them at.

Cheers
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Re: Wanted - ABS rear wheel bearing

Post by Vanny »

It's a bearing, so is it not just a case of measuring it and ordering a suitable replacement?

The last wheel bearings and a lot of seals i had came from Borders Pumps and Bearings, local place, who matched the part number on the race to an off the shelf standard part, though i don't think it was SKF

They've also sorted me with bearing seals in the past where Citroen dont stock them any more.

EDIT
Also, they normally come in the hub, so might be worth looking for a complete hub. Perhaps the Xantia or the C5 hub/bearing would do as they are all quite similar (the estates are different).
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Xantia's have different ABS rings, but I've never looked into whether it could be replaced with a BX ring, I'm not sure the hub is indentical dimensions?
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Wooscary
BXpert

Post by Wooscary »

Cheers for the input. They managed to find one in the end. :)