HELP ! I need a new alternator,

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
tzd
BXpert

HELP ! I need a new alternator,

Post by tzd »

Hello everybody, My Bx is showing a faint alternator light which dulls down the higher the revs go. I've tightened all of the alternator contacts and lubed them, but still light is on, I think the alternator is on the way out. Has anybody got one I can buy off them, (hopefully near Merseyside).
Which alternators can I use in this car? It is a BX TZD Saloon.

Cheers Kev.
It isn't just a car it is a BX and it's my BX. Long live the BX.
Mothman

Re: HELP ! I need a new alternator,

Post by Mothman »

Hi bud,
i think you have several options open to you. There are usually a few on feebay although i bought one on there last year and it failed on its first trip to Cornwall and the sellers had to give me a full refund. I then took the original one to a local engineering firm who reconned it in a few days. I now keep a spare in the motor if i go on long journeys. Managed to get it on feebay for 22 quid so was lucky there, brand new old stock, Valeo too. I have some spare ones in stock here but i dont know their condition,except one which i do know is knackered.
I would suggest you try feebay but keep your battery charged up which should give you time to source another. Not a difficult thing to replace but the main bolt can be a tad stiff to undo, especially if its been there a while as my skinned knuckles found out.

Andy
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Just looked on feebay and there's loads on there, just take your pick.

Andy
tzd
BXpert

Post by tzd »

Ok Guys, I am now still looking for an alternator after being let down on Ebay. I've been told to contact a Malcolm Lockwood on this site, does anybody know him and how do I get in contact with him ?
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

How were you let down on feebay? Knackered alternator? If so, send it back n get your original one reconned as i did. Ime sure there are engineering firms who will do it in your neck of the woods.

Andy
citronut
Over 2k

Post by citronut »

dont you have a local auto sparks near you they can probably just fix your own at a reasonable charge whoooops i mean price

regards malcolm
curent ride
K reg BX 17TD TZD est
also own
K reg D special

no longer have
H reg CX saffari 2.5 TRI (now gone to Malaysia)
R reg xantia 1.9TD est (gone to meet its maker)
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

http://www.autoelectricalcentre.co.uk/h ... ators.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
tzd
BXpert

Post by tzd »

Hi Guys, I ordered the alternator, but when the people were packaging the alternator ready for shipping they noticed the box dented and opened it only to find all of the back end stoved in !! they binned it.
I must admit if you now look on the for sale section you will find my BX there as I am now buying a C5, as I will be doing a lot of mileage in the next 3 years, and I didn't want to put a load more mileage on the car.

Kev