not BX but

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
citronut
Over 2k

not BX but

Post by citronut »

this car is on the CCC forum for sale

there are photos but i done know how to copy them over

For Sale - 1992 AX GT

Unread postby Neil_Ashton » 16 Aug, 2012 - 16:02
I know I'm going to regret this, but it looks as though I'm losing my storage & I'm not prepared to leave it on the street...

I bought this GT earlier in the year after it came up for sale locally. I owned an early MK1 7 or 8 years ago & always promised myself another...

It's MoTd until Feb 2013 & is taxed until the end of the month - the mileage is 119k & it's done under 2k since the MoT. It's a very original & unmolested late model MK2 GT - non cat model! There's a dyno print out from 2010 - 92 BHP! Not bad as they were only rated 85 when new!

Lots of money spent in the last few years - receipts to proof. New brakes - cylinders, discs/pads all round. 14" 3 stud alloys are in good condition - slight lacquer lift on one. Good, matching tyres all round. A fair bit of history & old MoT certificates dating back to 2007. In April this year (1k ago) it had fresh oil & filter, cooling system drained & flushed, new spark plugs & valve clearances adjusted. Engine wise it's used no oil in my ownership - the cooling system has been topped up once. The clutch is light & has been adjusted, the gearbox is, as most AXs are, a touch sloppy. Electric windows & central locking all work!There is a split in the drivers seat base; as seen in the picture below. Fuel gauge is temperamental, but that's standard with any AX!

Body wise - it's one of the better, original ones left.The usual places have received attention; front inner wings behind the headlamps & corners of the boot floors. The boot is a blue replacement - the previous owner managed to smash the glass on this original lid (the boot lid consists of a plastic bottom half with a glass window - these bits bond together forming the tailgate) I have the original white lid & a spare complete boot lid - it would just be a case of removing the glass with a cheese wire & have a windcreen company bond it on. The panels all appear to have original paint & have a decent shine. The sunroof recess is in good condition & I've had the inner 1/4 panels off & looked inside to find no rust! It's been cavity waxed at some time & this seems to have done the trick. A full going over with some fresh wax is essential if the car is to be kept in good condition.

I'd rather this stayed original - it's too nice to become another VTS powered toy with a 4 stud conversion - hence why I'm offering it it here rather than the AXOC. There are fewer than 120 GTs left on the road now, so grab one while you can! I only saw two other GTs at the ICCCR & one GTi. GS Birotors were easier to spot!

£750

regards malcolm
curent ride
K reg BX 17TD TZD est
also own
K reg D special

no longer have
H reg CX saffari 2.5 TRI (now gone to Malaysia)
R reg xantia 1.9TD est (gone to meet its maker)