SAVED: TGD Turbo Diesel

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
JayW
1K Away

SAVED: TGD Turbo Diesel

Post by JayW »

I have nowhere to keep it so my TGD turbo is going to be scrapped unless someone buys it:

It's a solid, almost rust-free shell. There is no rust underneath at all or in the front door shuts or hinges. A tiny tiny amount right at the bottom of the n/s/r door seam and a very small amount in the o/s/r one. There is also the smallest of blisters in one of the front inner arch sikaflex seams, hasn't changed since the last MOT and would go through another without issue.

Since I got it in July 2010 i've done the rear arm bearings, discs all round, very recent front pads before it came off the road., Droplinks balljoints and front bushes, LHM change and normal servicing. The Hydraulics are excellent throughout.

The two main things wrong with it are: It needs a new head after snapping the cambelt. I threw a spare one on but it's unfortunately u/s so needs replacing. It is basically back together sufficiently enough to be run for loading however the thermostat housing bleed nipple has snapped off so needs extracting (from it's thread, not the engine).

The other one is the small dent in the drivers door/wing caused by the (well documented on here) idiot reversing into me. With the exception of this dent the bodywork is sexy gorgeous & glossy in EWT (white incase you're colourblind).

It has a full 16V interior in excellent condition including door cards and rear headrests.

Other minor things: The boot spoiler is a shade off colour (Halfrauds colour-snatch), both front indicators were borrowed for the other TGD and there is no parcel shelf (i'm still puzzled what the hell i've done with it). Everything else is good and works.

Basically, it is a very solid base for project. If you just want to get it on the road you'll need a decent head and a pair of indicators. The rest is optional!

No MOT and no TAX.

If collecting you will need a trailer and 2 spare wheels (with bolts) as the current wheels are going on my Athena. I have only 2 spares available to go with it unfortunately. The 16V bumpers are definitely NOT going with it, i have the originals but they are in my garage in Basingstoke so i'll have to work out getting them to the buyer seperately but they will be yours! And the towbar will be gone.

It is located near Truro in Cornwall and because that's a million miles from most people it's much more likely it will go to the crusher after i've robbed bits off it.

It's a shame because it was a great car. 83k on the clock and 20k of which was done during the year I had it on the road. It has litterally been from Lands End to Dunnet Head (and John 'o Groats) and all over the country. Our holiday took us 2000 miles in 2 weeks & it averaged 62mpg (tracked on Fuelly).

I am GENUINELY sad to have to get rid of it, but we're not all rich with acres of land! Needs to be gone by the end of August.

Scrap man's offering £140. Open to suggestions.
Last edited by JayW on Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I have zero patience for your tedium.
themildbunch
BXpert

Re: For Sale or to be scrapped.

Post by themildbunch »

Hi Jay,

Which 16v interior has it got? Is it the black and silvery / grey striped one? I'd be interested in all of that if no one wants to buy the whole lot....
1988 BX 19 Gti 16v
1991 BX 17 TZD Estate
1991 BX 17 TZD Estate
JayW
1K Away

Post by JayW »

It is the striped one, you have first refusal.

Anyone else wanting to line up for parts feel free to express your interest.
TizzyD
BXpert

Post by TizzyD »

In the other thread you mentioned about having some speedlines you want to part with, if you could post a picture of them I would be interested
'02 Clio Dynamique 1.2 16v - 92K - Sold
'09 Yamaha YBR 125 - 1100 miles
'93 Bx 17 TZD Turbo - 240K - The Aubergine

JayW
1K Away

Post by JayW »

They are currently on first-refusal to someone else but if he doesn't want them i'll let you know.
TizzyD
BXpert

Post by TizzyD »

No problem :)
'02 Clio Dynamique 1.2 16v - 92K - Sold
'09 Yamaha YBR 125 - 1100 miles
'93 Bx 17 TZD Turbo - 240K - The Aubergine

Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

Surely someone must want the complete car? What a shame, you must be peed off with this Jay?
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
JayW
1K Away

Post by JayW »

Peed off is an understatement. But, we work with what we have!

I have one provisionally interested party for the complete car, but if he doesn't have it it's going to be stripped & scrapped. :(
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

It is the location that's an issue. Even if I get cheap trailer hire, by the time you've factored in travel costs, it's not a cheap car. A shame as solid BXs are not as common as they were!
JayW
1K Away

Post by JayW »

Dollywobbler wrote:It is the location that's an issue.
You're very correct, I've had several people say they would have had it if it were closer. That's the trouble when you live in the arsehole of nowhere! :(
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

get it up to me in Mk Jay , this lot will be allover it like flys on ....
think I have a spare indicator ( will check which side ) as well as an uncut parcel shelf if that helps sway it from being a scrapper to a saver
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

light travels faster than sound, thats why you look intelligent and then you spoil it all by opening your mouth !!!!!
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

I find that here as well Jay. I'm often selling cheap motors (because I like cheap motors) but no-one wants to travel when their costs could equal that of the car!
JayW
1K Away

Post by JayW »

Not really an option Mick, would cost me more than i'd ever get for it! And besides, i need the money! (are my PM's to you working?)

You're right Ian, it's the fuel costs alone these days that are the clincher for most. A trailers only £50 a day but if the fuel's gonna be £150 then Epic Phail. :(
mike22861
BXpert

Post by mike22861 »

ive just had quotes for pick up cheapest was 445 makes it a pricey non runner
1992 BX 4x4 Gti aircon Silver
1991 BX 19 TGD Red(the Red Baron)
1993 BX 17 TZD Red the new Daily
1986 BX 16 RS Leader (The only 1 left I believe)
2003 Landrover Defender 110 CSW TD5
1985 Landrover Defender 90 4SC County
some other newer Nissans
JayW
1K Away

Post by JayW »

Bloody hell! Very pricey!

TBH i'm getting more interest as parts atm so it looks like that's the direction it's going.

Once i get feedback from the one person who was interested as a going-concern i'll know.