Ignition lock wanted

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
citsncycles
Over 2k

Ignition lock wanted

Post by citsncycles »

Wanted, 1 ignition lock for a Mk1 BX Diesel that will let you put the key back in once you remove it :roll:

Are all BX ignitions interchangeable, or are there different types for model/year?
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Re: Ignition lock wanted

Post by Dollywobbler »

Hmmm. She really is playing up isn't she?

As it happens, I have another door lock, ignition switch and fuel filler all on the same key. If you're really lucky, they might even match the one black-plastic topped key you already have...
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

That'd be great - how much?
Hmmm. She really is playing up isn't she?
To be honest, with the way I work my motors, coupled with my tendency to buy at the bottom of the market (or the whole market in this case :lol: ) I usually find a certain amount of pain over the first few weeks as they get over the shock of being used hard and often! Considering the state of Timex, and the fact that she's probably done nearly 500 miles in my ownership already, she aint doing bad :-D
Mike Sims
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Can you wait until CXM or do you want me to bundle up the various locks and get them into the post?

Bother. CXM is just over a week away isn't it? I was planning to do the cambelt before then - but haven't been paid yet so haven't bought the kit. Might be heading over in the Bluebird then!
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

CXM will be fine - I have a few higher priority things to do first, like the steering rack, strut return, rear cylinder gaiter, water leak, welding, starter issue, find and fit seatbelts and an MOT :shock: ](*,) :-({|=
Mike Sims
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

You don't need rear seatbelts for the MOT. It's why I took them out. 1987 is the change-over year. One less thing to worry about!
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

#-o I just read that in my Series 1 Club mag this afternoon too! One less thing to worry about, although I may try to fit some for France for safety's sake, as I bet people will be queuing up for a ride :^o
Mike Sims
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
smiffy1071
pies are evil!

Post by smiffy1071 »

Are the rear seatbelts the same between estate, and saloon?
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

Not sure, but I think so
Mike Sims
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Can't imagine there'd be much difference. I took them out as they were all broken and mouldy. Entirely seized up and some bits were rusty!
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

they will be early buckles though, there are 3 different types on BX's..
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...