Another MOT pass!!

Anything about BXs
Mothman

Another MOT pass!!

Post by Mothman »

Took the TZD for the MOT yesterday and a fail as expected.
brake lights not working and the steering gaitor had turned into a manky lump of oiled plastic. So, this morning went to Malcolm's in St Leonards and fixed it under his instruction. Bulbs just simple connection /corrosion problems and the gaitor wasnt too bad other than the typical French connector thingy which proved a bastard to undo. Replaced with a cable tie. So, another years motoring in a fantastic motor. You must get one Tim. :D

Andy
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Re: Another MOT pass!!

Post by Dollywobbler »

Congrats. My TD is due one in less than a month. Must get those rear arm bearings sorted...
tim
BXpert
My Cars: 2 1992 BX TXD estates

Post by tim »

The Red One got through last week, just one failure, the last remaining hub ball joint which took an air chisel plus a second heavy chisel being applied by a big bugger to get it moving - the rattle gun on its own wouldn't shift it.....
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Well done!.

Plans for the TD may be put on hold as I may be moving house soon.....
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Bigger garage space being the main criteria for the move bud? Then you can have more and more BXs. :D

Andy
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

tim wrote:The Red One got through last week, just one failure, the last remaining hub ball joint which took an air chisel plus a second heavy chisel being applied by a big bugger to get it moving - the rattle gun on its own wouldn't shift it.....
Hell, mine came apart with just the single thump from a club hammer! Well done with the pass though bud.
Now to fix the hydrolic leak on my white one.

Andy
tim
BXpert
My Cars: 2 1992 BX TXD estates

Post by tim »

Ah, we have to fix the leak on Ali's white one first! It's starting to gobble it up a bit. What with being a very high mileage wagon I intend to rebuild the spare FDV with a seals kit (ready to go) and fit the spare pump at the same time. The tick time has increased recently, the steering is getting a bit soggy etc... apparently the classic signs of an FDV starting to go. (and if this 280,000 mile old pump isn't knackered, no pump ever will be!) Looks like tomorrow pm is a hydraulic session? I'll bring me pipe kit.....
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Mothman wrote:Bigger garage space being the main criteria for the move bud? Then you can have more and more BXs. :D

Andy

Partially, the drive has a garage at the rear of the house WITH electricity this time and a drive that could fit 4 BX's on at a Squeeze, plus its in my home town, in fact its the street I was born on so if all goes well I will be coming "home" Its a 3 bed semi, and less than a mile from my mum/brother aunt and cousins and within 5 mins walk of where my father rests.
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

Sounds good Tim. If you need a hand moving stuff just let me know. (not suggesting I bring the artic BTW)! :)
Mark Smith

Is it just me or is everything shit?

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.
2000 XM VSX 2.1 td Auto. Rouge Magenta.
TGD saloon many years ago.

1990 Swift 'Corniche' 12/2 aka BXClub HQ.
Honda Firestorm. Gone, but not forgotten.
2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC.
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Thanks Mark, its not a done deal yet but appreciate the offer. It needs "de-birding" as theres far too much pink paint!
Caffiend
Reluctant BXpert

Post by Caffiend »

Ew. I forsee a "bring yer own paint brush" housewarming :D - good luck!
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
1991 TZD hatch (Triton Green)
1992 Hurricane
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

Hope the move works out Tim [-o<
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Tim Leech wrote:
Mothman wrote:Bigger garage space being the main criteria for the move bud? Then you can have more and more BXs. :D

Andy

Partially, the drive has a garage at the rear of the house WITH electricity this time and a drive that could fit 4 BX's on at a Squeeze, plus its in my home town, in fact its the street I was born on so if all goes well I will be coming "home" Its a 3 bed semi, and less than a mile from my mum/brother aunt and cousins and within 5 mins walk of where my father rests.
Hansome bud, hope it all goes well for you. Exciting times, fingers crossed for you.

Andy
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

tim wrote:Ah, we have to fix the leak on Ali's white one first! It's starting to gobble it up a bit. What with being a very high mileage wagon I intend to rebuild the spare FDV with a seals kit (ready to go) and fit the spare pump at the same time. The tick time has increased recently, the steering is getting a bit soggy etc... apparently the classic signs of an FDV starting to go. (and if this 280,000 mile old pump isn't knackered, no pump ever will be!) Looks like tomorrow pm is a hydraulic session? I'll bring me pipe kit.....
Should be ok bud. Tractor ramps a ready. I have a diesel hydraulic pump spare anyway amongst all the stuff i have. Also plenty of doseurs. Ile show you whats gone on the white one, you can see the split with a torch.

You cant imagine how relieved i am thet the TZD got her MOT today as ive had such a horrible fortnight with mum and its not so good now.[thanks Malcolm].

Look forward to seeing you tomorrow, ive also got your 'bits'.

Andy