Drivers Window Lectric mech/motor?

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
vnd
Confirmed BX'er

Drivers Window Lectric mech/motor?

Post by vnd »

Not sure how the window mech works as I havnt had the card off yet, but mine spazzes out near the closed possition. Judders, and drops an inch then repeats this process untill you push it up with your palm.

So Im guessing the mech is missing a tooth or two?

So I think I need that.

Anyone?
Paul296
Over 2k
My Cars: Citroen BX 17 TZD Hurricane
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Re: Drivers Window Lectric mech/motor?

Post by Paul296 »

I've got a good window motor going spare if you think a replacement would solve the problem?
vnd
Confirmed BX'er

Post by vnd »

Paul296 wrote:I've got a good window motor going spare if you think a replacement would solve the problem?
Cheers dude. Ill get the card off and find what the prob is. Im guessing its a snapped tooth at the motor end or on the riser mech. I'll drop you a pm if I need a motor man.
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

I wish I could offer advice on how to remove it but I always find it a right faff! Just done mine though. Now glides up. Beautiful. In my case, I think the fault was on the gears on the motor, as the curved section didn't seem worn at all.
vnd
Confirmed BX'er

Post by vnd »

Dollywobbler wrote:I wish I could offer advice on how to remove it but I always find it a right faff! Just done mine though. Now glides up. Beautiful. In my case, I think the fault was on the gears on the motor, as the curved section didn't seem worn at all.
Cheers man. Sounds similar to my prob. Too rainy to check it today. :x