BX 19RD IN SUFFOLK

Tell us about BXs you have spotted on the road, or BXs/parts spotted for sale including eBay finds.
Bluey1978
Confirmed BX'er

BX 19RD IN SUFFOLK

Post by Bluey1978 »

Saw this on Ebay, hope to be the owner of it shortly, due to losing my xantia in 6 days due to MOT failures, so going back to a BX. Ebay reference 4612605191

Only 61k on clock, full service history backing this up, lovely condition inside and out, runs like a dream sadly no turbo or tax, but what do you want for the money. She is only round the corner from where I live aswell.

Will not be getting rid of the BX this time 'coz the missus hates it' as she now has her own car - THIS ONE IS MINE, HA, HA, HA. :D

Xantia is currently advertised on French Forum and is free to a good home. Sorry to mention the X word here guys!!.

Link is here http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... 2902fc10eb

May we all bow our heads in memory of my Xantia, may she rust in peace. :cry:
Previous owner of a 1988 BX19 RD & Previous BX Meteor & Xantia Owner.
1995 Toyota Estima Lucida X Diesel
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Welcome along Bluey! I`m sure you won`t have too much of a problem giving the Xantia away. It`s got be worth having for the engine alone! Maybe Tim Leech could make some use of it? Had you been any nearer I`d have had it myself.
Incidentally Tim is selling a very nice BX at the moment, may be worth getting hold of him to see if it`s any good to you?
Hope this helps, and like I say welcome along to the friendliest website known to man!
Vauxhall apologist.
Bluey1978
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Bluey1978 »

Got the BX from Ebay - so far I've had no one interested in my Xantia, if it wasn't for the fact that I have no job - i'd have bitten the bullet and got the old girl done, - better the devil you know eh!.

I think the rear arm bushes have gone on the Xantia aswell, hence the un-even wear on the tyre that failed, its looking a bit / \ so it all adds up. :(

Have been a Cit nut for a few years now - must like living under a bonnet I suppose. :wink:

Anyway my old Xantia is free - though I'm cashing the Tax in and taking my stereo out - probably swap the new tyres I just bought onto the BX. But she will still have 4 wheels as I have another cit rim lying round with a decent tyre on it.

Thx for the welcome.

TTFN :P
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

I hope your new BX is just the job for you then! Like I say Xantia must be worth someone collecting just for the engine, hopefully it`ll live on in another car.
It`s a real shame you are so far away-I`m in sunny Cheshire.
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Im ok for bits at the moment cavmad ta, only think I need is a rear parcel shelf in blck/grey as mine has string for the straps!
Bluey1978
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Bluey1978 »

A very nice gentleman called Ken Newbold is interested in the car, the parcel shelf would probably not be ideal for anyone as it now has 2 bl**dy great holes in it where my speakers were.

I don't know if any of you have seen the thread I put on here asking about the compatability of Xantia rear discs to BX rear discs, but anyway I have a brand new pair in box , which will be given to Ken with the Xantia, its another one of those jobs that I intended to do but never got round to it.

Anyway old news - The BX19RD is my latest girl, and she is sweet as sweet can be.
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

:oops: :oops: :oops: the cats out then :oops: :oops: :oops:
Oscar
1K Away

Post by Oscar »

Ken

The tribunal will convene at midnight. You are required to attend and give an account of why you are bringing shame to the BX name. You have no right to a lawyer or to representation. There will be no appeal. The tribunal's decision is final :evil:
(Red BX 1.7TZD ("Well, it is a style icon" - Tom Sheppard)) "Was", Tom, "was"
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

I have a Xantia Ken! and a BX so tell um to go take a running Jump!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Your residing judge will be Skippy and no possible amount of grovelling will get you out of this Newbold.
You`re on probation until the day of judgement and the sentence will very likely be custodial: you will be incarcerated in a small room with nice soft walls and you`ll be made to wear a nice waistcoat with arms which tie up round the back.
The only thing you will have for company is a tape playing Dido records, interspersed occasionally by the sound of dripping LHM.
You vill crack Mr Newbold, and zen ve shall release you unto ze safety of ze BX club.
Dean, fire up the goat!
Vauxhall apologist.
Barnsley BXer
1K Away

Post by Barnsley BXer »

Goat ready and waiting Mr Mad ,sir
1990 GTI 4x4
1992 TZD
Dear Drooper............................
Bluey1978
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Bluey1978 »

Guys don't scare him off, wait until he has picked the car up first.

I guess he is thinking with his heart as he is only thinking of preserving another citroen vehicle.

Bearing that in mind - chalk one up for the defence.
KJS

Post by KJS »

we had a 1.9 rd and it was the best car in the ever. you don't have to worry about the lack of a turbo because you'll probabaly find that, like ours did, it sometimes pretends it's got one anyway! you'll be driving along feeling pretty happy come to over take something and whoosh, you're away pretty nippy car. just look out for blind council workers driving transit vans pulling out on you form a T-junction and ruining your favourite car, and your missus' day. enjoy bluey
green 1.7 tgd on road
red 1.9 rd in heaven
and I've just remembered my nan and grandad had a white 1.4 st. tropez when I was a nipper - that was a brand new BX and I was in it!!
Bluey1978
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Bluey1978 »

Funny you should mention the performance, I noticed on the test drive I had, that it seemed pretty pokey for a non-turbo - unlike a Renault Savannah I had a number of years ago, it was that slow you could be out accelerated by TRACTORS, and living down here in carrot cruncher land we see a fair few of them - Oh ar, Oh ar, my lad. :wink:

Knowing the french it was probably the same engine though. Though being a BX its all plastic so much lighter......... WHO KNOWS!!! :shock:

I take it that the R in RD stands for regular - as in regular spec. as unlike my other citroens this one doesn't have an electric sunroof, nor any other type of sunroof. perhaps it was an optional extra on this model. Still it has electric front windows and power steering, so cannot be too bad - and they work which makes it better than my wifes Ford for a start LOL.

My luck seems a bit similar to other peoples, just as I find a nice looking car in really good working order, some cretin decides to leave braking till the last minute on a slippy road surface or pulls out in front of me thinking 'its only an old banger he'll stop' - how many times has that happened to us all....

Still I keep buying them thinking my luck will eventually change, perhaps with this one it will. Watch this space eh!. :wink:
KJS

Post by KJS »

Don't suppose you need any spares for your beautiful new car yet then? I've got a nice red one you could use lot's of bits off!! What colour is yours?
green 1.7 tgd on road
red 1.9 rd in heaven
and I've just remembered my nan and grandad had a white 1.4 st. tropez when I was a nipper - that was a brand new BX and I was in it!!