Very tidy low mileage t/d for sale near me. Full MOT.

Tell us about BXs you have spotted on the road, or BXs/parts spotted for sale including eBay finds.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Very tidy low mileage t/d for sale near me. Full MOT.

Post by cavmad »

Just nipped across town to see a bloke I`ve bought a few cars off recently about a Mundano he was selling.
Sat in his drive is VERY tidy looking BX turbo diesel hatchback. 84000 on the clock, says it only has 2 owners on the V5. 12 months MOT (taken this week I think) and reckons it went straight through.
Apparantly the driver`s electric window not working is the only known fault. I did notice one or slight dings in it but it is a very smart looking car to be fair.
Bright red, I think it`s an Elation model (I did see the badge but can`t remember exactly what it was!).
Looking for around £395 for it, don`t think it`s taxed.
I`ve bought about 4 cars off him and he`s very honest. Anyone interested I`ll pass on his mobile number(s) and you can deal with him direct.
I`m more than happy to give it a once over myself if anyone wants to know a bit more about it.
Failing that if someone wants my 1.7 n/a hatchback with tax and test for £300 I`ll buy the other one myself.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Phoned the seller yesterday to try and get more information. It has a towbar with twin electrics and he says the front spheres have been changed recently. He has `some` history with it ( I don`t know how much exactly) and it was part exchanged at a Citroen garage. When I went to see it I tried the suspension settings which seemed to operate nicely and it started first time and sounded very well. Under the bonnet looks nice and clean too. Haven`t driven it as it was blocked in by some more cars he was selling but I could go up and give it a blast if anyone`s interested. I`m just gutted that I haven`t got the money to buy it myself.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Updated again! It`s a `Debut` model and it`s on a J plate, which by my reckoning makes it a `91 or `92 model.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

I`m losing the will to live with my p.c now, here`s some pic`s of the BX for sale. I have more but my b*stard ******* computer seems not to want me to upload them.

Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

To me that looks very much like a TGD. Is it really a turbo????

If so its a rare TGD Turbo.
Over and out from me
M

Post by M »

They are a bit big - any chance you can resize them to about 500x380 pixels?
Looks nice though.
M

Post by M »

RAC / DVLA list its details as:

Manufacturer Citroen
Model BX17 TGD DIESEL TURBO
Body type 5 door hatchback
Colour Red
Fuel type Heavy oil
Date manufactured 31 December 1991
Number of previous owners 1
Last owner change 26 April 1997
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Sorry, I`m bloody rubbish with digital pics, I`ll try and reduce them but to be honest I don`t know how! I can`t remember what model it is, it`s whatever told you in the pm I sent to you! It is a turbo though and the lad selling it said he was impressed by the performance-which he wouldn`t have been had it been a non-turbo!