Diesel BX Estate Wanted

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Stuarted
Confirmed BX'er

Diesel BX Estate Wanted

Post by Stuarted »

Wanted: BX diesel estate (turbo or non-turbo) to replace my much-loved but recently deceased (drowned in floods) BX. Good money paid for suitable car.

Looking for a reliable workhorse so tatty, battered, scruffy, high-mileage example acceptable (tho' would prefer tidy one - would pay a LOT for that!). However must be sound, solid and free of serious rot, and not mechanically clapped-out. I am NOT looking for a hobby / restoration project!)

Can anyone help please?

(Also soggy corpse of my drowned one available, but be quick before the scrap yard collects it from the farmyard where it is in the farmer's way.)

Hereford area (Welsh borders).
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Re: Diesel BX Estate Wanted

Post by Tim Leech »

How drowned is drowned?, did you get water in the engine? BX's are getting RARE now so if its mendable...
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

You may have to tempt me to sell my N/A diesel Estate!!

Andy
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

If you did Andy, it may pay for a nice new chainsaw!

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Dont really want to pay for one bud if i can help it as ime hoping its all covered by the insurance. Going to cost £4200 to replace the lot.

Andy
Stuarted
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Stuarted »

Mothman wrote:You may have to tempt me to sell my N/A diesel Estate!!

Andy
What condition is it in, please?
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Pretty good bud, only problem is some rust in the rear panel, opposite to side to the fuel filler. Need to sell her but find it very hard to part with a BX these days. Mechanically sound but does need some work on her which if i do will make her worth good money and am at the moment considering doing this.
Do ask Tim Leech as he has seen her.

Andy
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

Stuarted wrote:Wanted: BX diesel estate (turbo or non-turbo) to replace my much-loved but recently deceased (drowned in floods) BX. Good money paid for suitable car.
Hi, have you checked out THIS-ONE although it may have gone to meet it maker, as the thread has gone quiet/dead ?

However the spotted/discussed, in THIS thread looks like its still AVAILABLE :wink:

But as Sandre can confirm may need a lot of TLC, (especially to the interior) ?
Caffiend wrote:Same guy I bought my TZD from. It will be tatty, have been smoked in, the interior will be covered with dog hair, and it will have been hammered, because he has no money and actually doesn't know all that much about BXs. He also changes his cars about every five minutes because he can't afford to look after them.

Caveat emptor - I was reasonably lucky with mine, but the advert was not entirely accurate (lack of knowledge rather than being deliberately untruthful).
Good luck with your search/replacement !

:)

RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

Stuarted wrote:Wanted: BX diesel estate (turbo or non-turbo) to replace my much-loved but recently deceased (drowned in floods) BX. Good money paid for suitable car.

Looking for a reliable workhorse so tatty, battered, scruffy, high-mileage example acceptable (tho' would prefer tidy one - would pay a LOT for that!). However must be sound, solid and free of serious rot, and not mechanically clapped-out. I am NOT looking for a hobby / restoration project!)

Can anyone help please?

(Also soggy corpse of my drowned one available, but be quick before the scrap yard collects it from the farmyard where it is in the farmer's way.)

Hereford area (Welsh borders).
Here you go fellow just the TICKET , get in quick before it gets snapped up :wink:

good luck if you get it !

:)

Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

Now this one must meet you're criteria Stuart?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Citroen-BX-1- ... 3f1f9bb3e5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.