Set of 205 GTi 1.9 SMR alloys, pimp your BX

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
djoptix
BXpert

Set of 205 GTi 1.9 SMR alloys, pimp your BX

Post by djoptix »

I bought these years and years ago, and they've travelled around several houses with me and the BX, and now I'm selling them having never used them. Kind of depressing really :lol:

I'm committing to the C5 steels for all my wheel needs now, so these are surplus.

Four are in reasonable condition, with scratches and some lacquer peel but basically sound.
The fifth one, shown in the last two pictures below, is cosmetically worse off, with a bit of kerbing, but I have no reason to think it won't be OK, so perhaps this one is for the spare. Ay my parents' ranch I have a tyre for the spare, at least 5 years off a wheel though so it might be shagged, but you're welcome to it if I can get it back in time.

I've listed them on ebay with a start price of £30 and a BIN of £100 but I'd be more than happy with £75 for them, or make me an offer. They look good on a BX. I can ship them but it won't be cheap, probably £40-ish I reckon.

Good heavens! My signature's been moderated...
rutter123
Over 2k
My Cars: 90 Bx Tzd turbo ven red 295k
74 D Super 5 black
05 Volvo V50 2.0d 180k
65 Peugeot Boxer work van 280k

Re: Set of 205 GTi 1.9 SMR alloys, pimp your BX

Post by rutter123 »

what size tyres will these need? i currently have speedlines 205 gti wheel from a 1.6 pepperpot type (i think yours are from a 1.9) with 185/60/14 on, but these run very close to the rear inner arches even after rebuiling the rear arms, wot is the rim width? i have seen these on a bx b4 and think they look the part.
90 BX Tzd turbo 294k SORN undergoing major surgery
90 BX Tzd turbo estate 46k awaiting surgery
65 Peugeot Boxer Van the new workhorse
52 Toyota Rav4 180k Bulletproof Jap reliability
djoptix
BXpert

Post by djoptix »

I think on these the correct size would be 195/50/15. Others will know better than me (Vanny has had extensive wheel trials and I think Rob Hughes has managed 17s on his 16v), but I think any bigger than a 50 profile will be pushing it a bit. My rear arms are completely beggared so I still have my 14s on, but I was expecting to need a rebuild before fitting even a 50 profile tyre.

I think if you trim the inner edge of the rear arch, you can get away with more.

As you say, the pepperpots are from the 1.6GTi and these are from the 1.9. Both good looking wheels though :) There was a picture somewhere on this forum of a BX with these on, I'll see if I can dig it out.
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

195/50R15's will fit a mk2 BX hatch with no problems. The estate will take them with some 'assistance' to the rear arches :lol:

That's about as big as you can go without messing around too much though. Anything bigger kills the ride.
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

djoptix wrote:I think on these the correct size would be 195/50/15. Others will know better than me (Vanny has had extensive wheel trials and I think Rob Hughes has managed 17s on his 16v), but I think any bigger than a 50 profile will be pushing it a bit. My rear arms are completely beggared so I still have my 14s on, but I was expecting to need a rebuild before fitting even a 50 profile tyre.

I think if you trim the inner edge of the rear arch, you can get away with more.

As you say, the pepperpots are from the 1.6GTi and these are from the 1.9. Both good looking wheels though :) There was a picture somewhere on this forum of a BX with these on, I'll see if I can dig it out.
Here one which 'Cornishbx16v' made earlier :wink:

Click on Photo to open up thread !

:lol:

djoptix
BXpert

Post by djoptix »

Sold! They have gone back 205-wards. :)