Pressure regulator needed ASAP

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Vince Pepper
Confirmed BX'er
My Cars: 1989 PH2 16v. White
Seat Leon FR. Whiter

Pressure regulator needed ASAP

Post by Vince Pepper »

Has anyone got a pressure regulator for sale or a spare they are willing to part with, my K reg 1.9 TXD has just sprung a leak and jettisoned all the lhm fluid out in a cloud, my local garage has diagnosed the pressure regulator and are unable to source one, any help or advise would be much appreciated.
RxBX
Over 2k

Re: Pressure regulator needed ASAP

Post by RxBX »

Vince Pepper wrote:Has anyone got a pressure regulator for sale or a spare they are willing to part with, my K reg 1.9 TXD has just sprung a leak and jettisoned all the lhm fluid out in a cloud, my local garage has diagnosed the pressure regulator and are unable to source one, any help or advise would be much appreciated.
Here you go Vince try PHILIP , if you have no joy I'll have a look in my Garage this afternoon, I may still have one available (but not 100% sure) ?

[-o<

citronut
Over 2k

Post by citronut »

its unusual for the regulator to leak at that sort of rate, more likely a pipe going to or from it has split/fractured,

thry do leak behind the rear end mounting plate, only a weep really and can be repaired by fitting a new O ring, quite an easy job once you have done one

regards malcolm
curent ride
K reg BX 17TD TZD est
also own
K reg D special

no longer have
H reg CX saffari 2.5 TRI (now gone to Malaysia)
R reg xantia 1.9TD est (gone to meet its maker)
Vince Pepper
Confirmed BX'er
Seat Leon FR. Whiter

Post by Vince Pepper »

citronut wrote:its unusual for the regulator to leak at that sort of rate, more likely a pipe going to or from it has split/fractured,

thry do leak behind the rear end mounting plate, only a weep really and can be repaired by fitting a new O ring, quite an easy job once you have done one

regards malcolm
Interesting, there has been a slight leak from the fdv recently but this was a sudden failure, the red stop light came on so I drove slowly to the local halfrauds just down the road a bought a bottle of lhm it didn't even touch the sides, it took 3 more bottles and £40 to fill it, I then hoped to get the 5 miles to my garage to get it checked out, no such luck the red light was on within 2miles and I swear I could see a mist cloud ever time I accelerated.
Vince Pepper
Confirmed BX'er
Seat Leon FR. Whiter

Post by Vince Pepper »

RxBX wrote:
Here you go Vince try PHILIP , if you have no joy I'll have a look in my Garage this afternoon, I may still have one available (but not 100% sure) ?

[-o<

Thanks for the link, I have emailed Philip to see if he still has it
rabbercelt
Confirmed BX'er

Post by rabbercelt »

if you've no luck-get back to me,I have one.
citronut
Over 2k

Post by citronut »

before swapping the regulator i would give it all a clean in that area,
put some second hand citro blood in if you can get some, then watch exactly were the leak is coming from

regards malcolm
curent ride
K reg BX 17TD TZD est
also own
K reg D special

no longer have
H reg CX saffari 2.5 TRI (now gone to Malaysia)
R reg xantia 1.9TD est (gone to meet its maker)
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

Vince Pepper wrote:
RxBX wrote:

[-o<

Thanks for the link, I have emailed Philip to see if he still has it
Hi Vince I checked in my garage and :D I have one available , I have also spoke to Philip this evening and he does still has his available too !

Is it just the P/R your after or are you in need of the large PAS damper hose where the LHM fluid loss maybe coming from a split (Which is a possibility) ?

PM me if I can be of help as I have one of those available (if needed) too ?

:)

Vince Pepper
Confirmed BX'er
Seat Leon FR. Whiter

Post by Vince Pepper »

All sorted now, thanks to Richard RxBX for the very useful advice and the pressure reg, it seems someone had tried and failed to fix this before and damaged it in the process, the old regulator was low on pressure as well, so when the new one was fitted it immediately found a loose pipe joint at the rear of the car and started leaking lhm onto the floor.
Thanks for all the help, as ever the bx forum comes up trumps !
Current cars,
BX 16v 1989 white,
Seat Leon FR
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

Well done Vince and to garage that exchanged it all over too in a timely manner =D>

Did you remember to salvage the old P/R so that I can still make up the sphere/tester project of mine (when I get round to it) ?

Vince Pepper
Confirmed BX'er
Seat Leon FR. Whiter

Post by Vince Pepper »

I left the old one at the garage to be honest, someone had messed with it at some stage so thought it would be of no use to you, if you think you can still use it I will call them in the morning to see if they have thrown it :oops:
Current cars,
BX 16v 1989 white,
Seat Leon FR
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

Hi Vince, That would be great if you don't mind as I'll be striping the guts out of it anyway !

The main reason I saved one (From approx. the 5 or so BX's which I broke over the years) was basically for the cast metal body so that I could screw a sphere onto the test rig (with it obviously having the correct thread) , as method of screwing a sphere into something along with all the piping,fittings and high pressure gauge (At least 80 bar) which I need to still source :oops:

Hence that was why I was saving this last P/R for this purpose !

You can PM me or call me if you can salvage the Knackered one from the Garages scrap bin [-o<

Cheers

iandavid70
My Cars: Citroen bx 1.9 diesel 1989.

Post by iandavid70 »

Hi guys!

Am new here.
I need a high pressure regulator for my bx 19rd 1989. F941KND.

Can any of you guys help?

Thanks.
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Why do you need one and whereabouts are you?
They think it's all over, it is now!