Chinese Aluminium Radiator

BX Tech talk
frog
BXpert

Chinese Aluminium Radiator

Post by frog »

Hi,

What are your thoughts on this? Not a huge supply of radiators down here, worth the risk?
Seems to have all the right bits.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/WINNER-HI-PE ... 1430wt_959" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

1989 Citroën BX 16v
1993 Citroën BX 16v project
Matt H
1K Away

Re: Chinese Aluminium Radiator

Post by Matt H »

I was looking at these, and could be worth a punt if you need a rad. You should read the seller's feedback though - seems a few people have had ill-fitting parts, but its a tiny percentage.
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

Sounds spot on, these are the important bits:

"This radiator is high flow and heavy duty designed, come with 2 row 50mm thick core"
"The core of the radiator is welded in vacuum brazing furnace, no epoxy. The tanks are 100% welded by TIG."

If this is correct I don't think you are taking a gamble.
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

I'd like to see the PASCAL calculations on that rad before fitting. High flow potentially means poor cooling of the fluid (the coolant doesn't get enough chance to conduct it's heat away). It will probably be fine for normal driving conditions, but i suspect that 'enthusiastic' driving could well result in over heating, especially if you have a condenser in the way too!

There are a lot of other things that make me worried about that ad 'material of the radiator is the same as aircraft manufacture material', what, fibre glass, plastic . . . is they're stating that it is air craft grade aluminium, then why not state the grade.

Maybe i'm too over cautious, but i wouldn't believe the 30% more cooling performance!