Citroen BX GTi automatic

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
dkr

Citroen BX GTi automatic

Post by dkr »

Hi

Where I work now has another BX for sale as well as charlotte's old car "hugo".

Its a lovely silver BX gti automatic, in amazing condition. I think it must have been owned by someone on this forum at some point as it has a BX club sticker on the back window and been well looked after. We have just put 12 months M.O.T and 6 months tax on it, and sorted out a hydraulic leak it had and changed the auto oil.

pics can be seen on the ad I put up on gumtree at

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-moto ... 1012002938" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I had a word with the boss (my dad) and he said that if its sold via the forum, or to some one on here we will make a donation of £20 to the forum fund, as we are a business (likewise if we sell "hugo")

thanks
remy (medway citroen)
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Re: Citroen BX GTi automatic

Post by Philip Chidlow »

That looks like my old one J***DGK... and that had air con.
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

I thought Charlotte was having hugo??
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Philip Chidlow wrote:That looks like my old one J***DGK... and that had air con.

That was a lovely car Phil! glad its still around.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Yeah, but I'm not going to pay £1000 to buy my old car back which I bought for £700 in 2003... :) Ah well, how BX values change! IF that is my old BX GTi it had c138k on it 10 yrs ago so hasn't put huge mileages on. AFAIK it didn't really have any issues when I sold it (although the air con wasn't brilliant - only lasted one season before needing top up).
dkr

Post by dkr »

hi

yup its J***DGK, it does have air-con on, which I forgot to put in the ad, I priced it at £1000 as its so rust free, and the BX's seem to be getting quite rare, though we have had a few in for repair lately, but they are all in quite poor condition, with rust being the main problem (the engines, like xantia ones) seem a lot tougher than the newer hdi ones we are repairing on C-? models, so the value is priced at I guess towards the top end of BX value based on body condition.

forgot to add as well that as we are a workshop anyone coming to see it is welcome to pop it up on a ramp and prod and poke around to check out the grubby bits, and if they decide to buy it we will waxoil it for them afterwards.

thanks
remy
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

Not my thing, but TBH the price sounds good for a rust free GTi, whichever version it is.
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Oh don't get me wrong, the price is fair - if a little on the high side of fair given its mileage - I was just bemoaning the fact, perhaps that I bought it when prices were low and sold it a few years ago for considerably less. I'd love it back but I just couldn't - it'd feel wrong ;) And I think if and when I have my £1000 to spend it might have to be on a diesel. But good luck to anyone who buys it. Lovely drive. I can't quite remember why I sold it now!
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Philip Chidlow wrote:Oh don't get me wrong, the price is fair - if a little on the high side of fair given its mileage - I was just bemoaning the fact, perhaps that I bought it when prices were low and sold it a few years ago for considerably less. I'd love it back but I just couldn't - it'd feel wrong ;) And I think if and when I have my £1000 to spend it might have to be on a diesel. But good luck to anyone who buys it. Lovely drive. I can't quite remember why I sold it now!

I think it was the mileage Phil and you got another car?
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Possibly. I certainly had another car: a chipped 8v GTi manual thats long disappeared off the radar.
deltic
BXpert

Post by deltic »

I know that this car has sold, did this car go to anyone on the forum? It had a lot of potential, so hope it went to a good home.
1991 BX GTi auto, grey, 137,000 miles (2015, 2017 & 2019 Citroen Classic Challenge veteran)
1991 BX GTi auto, grey, 92,000 miles (2022 Citroen Classic Challenge veteran)
2006 C4 VTR+ 2.0 Coupé, silver, 78,000 miles (RIP)
2016 Volvo V40 T2 R-Design Pro, blue, 24,000 miles
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

It was me that bought it to scratch an itch that various other cars have failed to scratch. I had a 1984 19RD many years ago when I was a student. An amazing car which nearly bankrupt me. I always wanted a mk2 though - the big sunroof was the attraction.

Yes is a lovely car with very good paintwork. It is everything I wanted although not *quite* as good condition as I'd expected as I have had to spend a bit on it to get it right. I'd have spent quite a bit more for a perfect one. Mind you it has done over 175k miles so to be expected.

It is also puffing a little smoke when started from warm - valve guides perhaps? Anyway, it now gets driven far more than anything else I have which given it is the lowest value is saying something.

Chris
BX GTI Auto
2CV Special (restored in bleu celeste)

Saab 9000 Griffin 3.0V6 (for sale soon)
911 Carrera (993)
Daimler Super V8
Mini Cooper Sports pack
Mercedes SLK 230
Peugeot 205 GTI auto (coming soon)

Own http://www.greatescapecars.co.uk/locati ... thants.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Welcome Chris

At that mileage some valve guide wear is very normal, spending money on old BX's is quite normal!
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

Incidentally if anyone does have a super condition low mileage GTI Auto (did look at the Northampton one and wonder...) for sale do please let me know :-) Mind you I dare say if you had one you would not sell it!
BX GTI Auto

911 Carrera (993)
Daimler Super V8
Mini Cooper Sports pack
Mercedes SLK 230

Own http://www.greatescapecars.co.uk/locati ... thants.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

Thanks Tim. Yes I had that many years ago with my 19RD. see attached
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371824875.923469.jpg
BX GTI Auto

911 Carrera (993)
Daimler Super V8
Mini Cooper Sports pack
Mercedes SLK 230