really want a bx tzd! anyone know of one for sale?

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
richie
Confirmed BX'er

really want a bx tzd! anyone know of one for sale?

Post by richie »

hello chaps and girls. new to the forum.
brief piece about me. for some mentle reason i fell in love with a bx 1.7 tzd years ago and as they ''and i'' are getting older i want to own one again. want to keep it for many years hopefully.
so, im on the look for one. ive got fairly good knowledge to say i know what im doing and know enough about mechanics etc etc. but on the plus side if it helps bad bodywork is also no problem as i can do bodywork too. just as long as it doenst need too much work for an mot etc. i would prefer to give better money to get one with a current mot and no problems so to speak but im not going to spend a small fortune on one! i suppose im just not that mad!!! road tax isnt a problem as i have trade plates.
i will travel to get a tzd and im not fussed about what colour too although a nice metallic would be great.
so, if anyone can help there would be a drink in it for who ever!!!
many, many thanks and a great forum with great pics by the way. nice one, richie.
Last edited by richie on Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Re: really want a bx tzd! anyone know of one for sale?

Post by Tim Leech »

http://www.bxclub.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=17941" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That one looks to be a lovely example!
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
richie
Confirmed BX'er

Post by richie »

Tim Leech wrote:http://www.bxclub.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=17941

That one looks to be a lovely example!
yeah i saw that one tim thanks. but, airbags???? as we know they wasnt available with airbags. and maybe this one for some reason seems as though it will be a little too high in price?
i think i would rather a 5 owner car with maybe 150,000 miles on it so its not for sale at £1500 or more etc etc.
but your right it does look a fair tzd though
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

I think the airbag is a mistake, personally I wold pay a bit more for that car its got 1 owner and lovely mileage than a high owner high miler that will need lots of work doing.
richie
Confirmed BX'er

Post by richie »

Tim Leech wrote:I think the airbag is a mistake, personally I wold pay a bit more for that car its got 1 owner and lovely mileage than a high owner high miler that will need lots of work doing.
yeah each to their own i suppose tim.
thing is with me mate i would rather buy a high mileage car for a cheaper price.
ive always been like that. and in years to come any good looking bx tzd is still going to hold a certain value and ive got access to any parts i need. and as i said bodywork is no problem. if one come up tomorrow with 300,000 miles on it it really wouldnt worry me. but thanks anyway mate.
Rhothgar

Post by Rhothgar »

I've emailed this chap twice and he is suspiciously avoiding questions about viewing and where else it is advertised.

If you look at the listing, he implies he is happy with the starting bid or thereabouts.

I think personally that he is going to wing it and not allow any viewings. He's setting himself up for a fall in Ebay anyway as most bidders will be complete and utter time wasters.

I'm with previous poster - too low a mileage and salty lifestyle. Doesn't matter how well it has been looked after - unless they've used Bilt Hamber Winterisation kits throughout its life.
richie
Confirmed BX'er

Post by richie »

Rhothgar wrote:I've emailed this chap twice and he is suspiciously avoiding questions about viewing and where else it is advertised.

If you look at the listing, he implies he is happy with the starting bid or thereabouts.

I think personally that he is going to wing it and not allow any viewings. He's setting himself up for a fall in Ebay anyway as most bidders will be complete and utter time wasters.

I'm with previous poster - too low a mileage and salty lifestyle. Doesn't matter how well it has been looked after - unless they've used Bilt Hamber Winterisation kits throughout its life.
as previous poster just sort of agrees with me i would also like to say although on first brief look the red bx looks ok im a little suspicious of the fact that he has only got 1 picture on there. i would also like add if it was as nice as suggested he would certainly have many photos on there.
if im really picky the front bumper is certainly not on correctly.
to be honest i wouldnt put any bid on this car and cant understand why anyone would commit to buy when you can only see 1 half side of a car in a fairly low light picture. im not a great lover of ebay to buy cars from full stop unless im sure the seller is totally genuine.
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Ive had an email from the seller who says more pictures and history will be added shortly.
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

Tim Leech wrote:Ive had an email from the seller who says more pictures and history will be added shortly.
The seller has done this now and I've updated the THREAD accordingly :wink:

Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Front bumper looks dodgy but the rust around the front window pillar looks a lot worse.

Major problem to put right.

500 quid max in my book, then, i would never buy it.

Andy
Rhothgar

Post by Rhothgar »

Funny how whoever bid a grand have retracted it! Not so nice now.
richie
Confirmed BX'er

Post by richie »

what is happening with this car? at first most thought it was a cracker but now it seems as if all bidders are withdrawing their bids? the price has gone down! twice!!!! anyone shed any light on this please?
has anyone viewed this car and realized maybe its, well, just not that nice?
Paul296
Over 2k
My Cars: Citroen BX 17 TZD Hurricane
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

richie wrote:what is happening with this car? at first most thought it was a cracker but now it seems as if all bidders are withdrawing their bids? the price has gone down! twice!!!! anyone shed any light on this please?
has anyone viewed this car and realized maybe its, well, just not that nice?
I still think it is 'a cracker' but obviously compromised by the rust around the windscreen - the seller seems to have been perfectly upfront about that. As it stands (and without actually seeing it) I think that's about 800 quids worth of car (tops). If someone bought it they'd need to budget 6-7 hundred quid on top of that to get the windscreen properly sorted (unless they could do the work themselves). Ultimately for an outlay of 1400 quid you'd have a very nice low-mileage, one owner TZD and there aren't alot of those knocking about these days; as such, I'd say that car was a very viable proposition. Despite all the hubris and suspicion of vile motives that tend to be the stock in trade of blokey car forums - and always assuming there are no other 'nasty surprises' lurking - I think it's a fair price for a nice (and very rare) car. If I was interested I'd cut to the chase go and have a look for myself. That's it really.
richie
Confirmed BX'er

Post by richie »

i agree it could be a very nice car indeed. albeit eventually. but, at first the seller did only put 1 very dim lit picture up and all the other pics and extra ''stop press'' wording was added AFTER people had put solid bids on it and then had questioned 1 pic and rust etc. at first no rust was mentioned at all and maybe also due to the fact that a few from this forum got interested. myself included as despite what ive said it could end up being a great car.
the other thing though is as ive said the price has come down which represents that a few have withdrawn bids and maybe they have been to see the car and thought, ''maybe not for me.''
just also seen that this price has come down for a 3rd time and has now only 2 bids on it. it is now 620 pounds! what is going on with this car?
Paul296
Over 2k
My Cars: Citroen BX 17 TZD Hurricane
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

richie wrote:i agree it could be a very nice car indeed. albeit eventually. but, at first the seller did only put 1 very dim lit picture up and all the other pics and extra ''stop press'' wording was added AFTER people had put solid bids on it and then had questioned 1 pic and rust etc. at first no rust was mentioned at all and maybe also due to the fact that a few from this forum got interested. myself included as despite what ive said it could end up being a great car.
the other thing though is as ive said the price has come down which represents that a few have withdrawn bids and maybe they have been to see the car and thought, ''maybe not for me.''
just also seen that this price has come down for a 3rd time and has now only 2 bids on it. it is now 620 pounds! what is going on with this car?
Nothing that hasn't already been outlined that can reasonably be assumed from the pics and description. If anyone really wants to know precisely 'what is going on with this car?' they need to go and have a look at . . . 'this car'! :D