Stripey the 1.9 TGD Estate - NOT FOR SALE NOW, YAY

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
vulgalour
BXpert
My Cars: 1980 Austin Princess 1.7 HL
1987 Citroen BX 17RD

Stripey the 1.9 TGD Estate - NOT FOR SALE NOW, YAY

Post by vulgalour »

Just in case anyone misses my blog, this is to alert you all to the fact that Stripey is now up for sale. It's not an easy decision, but it is the decision I must make. Two cars is too much responsibility for me while I focus on getting well again and if I must keep only one car, then the Princess will always win even though she's less practical, slower and thirstier than Stripey.

For full details, you can visit the blog right here on BX Club: http://www.bxclub.co.uk/forum/viewtopic ... 44#p209044" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There is Tax until the end of June and MoT until the beginning of June. I need the car gone, ideally, by the end of May. I'm only asking the price I've been offered by the scrapyard which is about £200 for a running car.

I've done a lot of the cosmetic work, and found out what's wrong. Primarily you need to be aware of the leaking sump gasket and rocker cover gasket and the fact that welding is required on the inner front wings and one rear wing. The A pillars are solid and I will supply the new waterpump and timing belt that came with the car when I bought it from Dollywobbler. A full set of glowplugs have been fitted very recently by myself as have new sidelight bulbs. The whole car has been cleaned inside and out and destickered with the exception of the bonnet and a couple of stubborn roof stickers. The engine bay has not been fully cleaned, in part because of the oil leaks.

There's a good amount of history with the car and it is, of course, well known. I had planned to keep this car but impending storage issues and my aforementioned health issues means I must part ways with this most reliable of busses.

So, if you have any questions or are at all interested in what could be an excellent BX for very few beans, please do drop me a line.

Last edited by vulgalour on Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
richie
Confirmed BX'er

Re: Stripey the 1.9 TGD Estate - £200ono

Post by richie »

what a clean old bus mate! wish it was a tzd! good luck though mate
vulgalour
BXpert
My Cars: 1980 Austin Princess 1.7 HL
1987 Citroen BX 17RD

Re: Stripey the 1.9 TGD Estate - £200ono

Post by vulgalour »

The 'probably definite' offer of storage turned into a 'flat refusal' but an alternative solution has presented itself so the BX can stay and be fixed. What a fuss this has been, but at least I'll have a house moving/house alternative vehicle at my disposal when required.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Re: Stripey the 1.9 TGD Estate - NOT FOR SALE NOW, YAY

Post by Tim Leech »

Excellent news, its got a good home with you and im glad it staying!
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....