Odd electrical problems...

BX Tech talk
wobblytrials

Odd electrical problems...

Post by wobblytrials »

I have three annoying electrical problems

1. When i try to use the front washers nothing happens, however when i dis-connect the washer motor the wiper wipes three times as it should. :S i'm assuming a poor earth somewhere but i can't trace it.

2. the side lights don't illuminate on the switch on the first click, only when the lights are actually turned on

3. I'm pretty sure this is linked with 2 but when driving with lights on, if i flick to main beam my rear lights and numberplate lights go out. Took me a while to realise this, just happened to have the panel off to get to the rear wiper motor one night and saw in the rearview that the numberplate lights go out when on main.

anyone else had anything similar or any ideas what this could be. I'm 90% sure it's a common fault between all three but i don't know where to start.
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Re: Odd electrical problems...

Post by Dollywobbler »

I think in all cases, I'd be tempted to try replacing the stalks as a first step.
wobblytrials

Re: Odd electrical problems...

Post by wobblytrials »

spot on with the lights, just replaced with a spare 205 one i had kicking about, works a treat, even tells me i've left my lights on now!

Thanks very much.

Will have a go at the wash wipe in the next few days.