Hydraulic pipe separation from transmission

BX Tech talk
Tinkley
1K Away

Hydraulic pipe separation from transmission

Post by Tinkley »

I am nearly at the point of engine removal. Still the hydraulic pump stuff to separate. I take it that the high pressure pipes attached to the bottom of the gearbox as they run rearwards need to be detached, a detail the Haynes appears not to mention. It looks like they attach to a secondary plate that is attached to the gearbox BE3 type.
Any confirmation on this? I certainly don't want to sling the engine and find a lot of knackered pipes!.
citronut
Over 2k

Re: Hydraulic pipe separation from transmission

Post by citronut »

yes the pipes are in clips attached to a tray which is held to the gear box by two 10mm bolts ( spanner size ),

i usually drop the engine and box out from underneath/downwards, this requires said pipes to be gently/eased/folded against the sub frame, so they dont get mangled as the engine pass's them

regards malcolm
curent ride
K reg BX 17TD TZD est
also own
K reg D special

no longer have
H reg CX saffari 2.5 TRI (now gone to Malaysia)
R reg xantia 1.9TD est (gone to meet its maker)
Tinkley
1K Away

Re: Hydraulic pipe separation from transmission

Post by Tinkley »

Thanks for that Malcolm. I might investigate dropping it out the bottom as it looks pretty tight to get out lifting especially on the o/s inside wing. Apart from one ball joint most stuff has moved eventually though sometimes with the aid of a 2 metere scaffold tube! Even the intermediate bearing is still serviceable though I'l probably change it (6006RS) and bought one 'in case'. 1 CV boot crackered and one on the point of perishing, but I got all 4 new from GSF so she will be properly shod.

The hoist I've borrowed won't allow me to drop the engine very easily, v v short chain; however have managed to extract unit from above with a bit of help moving it around. Only casualty was one of the AV mounts on the large fuel 'filter' (ali can thing) but hopefully can find replacement or generic. One more engine extraction to go.

The release bearing got so bad the only way to move the car was select first with engine off, start motor and lunge forward hpoing it would start! The vibration up the clutch pedal was something else!.