Had some fun this afternoon with my scrapper.

BX Tech talk
Mothman

Had some fun this afternoon with my scrapper.

Post by Mothman »

Managed to cut the front off the scrapper estate along with both rear wings this afternoon. The nearside rear wing will be used to sort my TXD when she goes back to Malcolm next month. Its a shame we cant get new panels. At least the scrapper will keep one of my motors alive for a few more years to come.

Andy
CitroenBaz
Confirmed BX'er

Re: Had some fun this afternoon with my scrapper.

Post by CitroenBaz »

what new panels do you need ? barry
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Barry, do you have a new nearside rear panel for an Estate? You are visiting a mate of mine in Wadhurst tomorrow, where i also live.

Be good if you do!!! Its like the one in the picture, a rear left hand side to which the rear bumper clips to. Cash will be waiting if you do.

Andy
citronut
Over 2k

Post by citronut »

Mothman wrote:Barry, do you have a new nearside rear panel for an Estate? You are visiting a mate of mine in Wadhurst tomorrow, where i also live.

Be good if you do!!! Its like the one in the picture, a rear left hand side to which the rear bumper clips to. Cash will be waiting if you do.

Andy
and the complete black/grey plastic/GRP window surround,

unless some clever clogs know how to remove one intact for re/use????

and no not with a curb stone cutter Andy!!!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :twisted: :roll: :wink:

how ever much fun it may have bin

regards malcolm
curent ride
K reg BX 17TD TZD est
also own
K reg D special

no longer have
H reg CX saffari 2.5 TRI (now gone to Malaysia)
R reg xantia 1.9TD est (gone to meet its maker)
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

That's a problem to solve in my future too! Currently I'm thinking heat and very careful levering, but if anyone else has a better idea I'm willing to listen. As far as I know, apart from 2 bolts by the vent these are just stuck in place.
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

I'd be wondering along the lines of a hot wire to cut through the adhesive. Never done it so will cross that bridge if and when I have to!

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad