Smart GTI auto needs new home...

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Smart GTI auto needs new home...

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Hi, my black GTI auto is in search of a new owner who will be able to look after it and have time and the skills necessary to keep it in good order. I don't want much, any reasonable offer will be considered...

Part of the reason I'm selling is that I want to get my silver GTI's engine 'refurbished' - head off etc... plus get some other bits done and I'll need some extra cash - but mainly won't need the additional expense of running two BXs when I need only one at the moment.

I acknowledge that there are some things that will need looking at - although there's nothing urgent. In fact it sailed through its MOT in December. Recent work done: new drive plate, rear arm bearing, oil/filter service, new battery, inhibitor switch bypass button, 16v steering wheel fitted... There's still a lot of life in the P6000s on its grey 16v rims. I have the original steels with two good tyres on them too.

Things it will need looking at: Exhaust downpipe - and probable center section too (a bit knackered and rattly though nothing but a small blow - at the moment), PAS (a bit reluctant in the morning but soon warms up OK), front n/s CV joint occasional noise on lock under power, hard-ish ride - spheres or maybe it needs an LHM change - or both, needs a good machine polish and the sunroof glass is dirty/patchy. I think it could do with a bit of a tune up and I've got some new plugs ready...

And that's it really. It comes with rear head rests and a sunroof deflector, working radio cassette and 6 speakers, new heavy duty battery... It's got history from new, 109k on it (engine job at c83k), MOT to December but Tax runs out end of March...

So if you're interested, let me know. Please ask any questions you like. I can send more pics if you want.

Phil

PS These pics show the car with vgc 16v alloys and new tyres. These are to be put on my other BX which will swap its perfectly reasonable set of Pirelli P6000s on 16v rims (grey too)... so it will look the same. Just didn't want to mislead.

Here are the wheels that the black car will have. (On my silver BX in the centre of this pic):

• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

:shock: Droolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll! That`s a very fine looking car there, Sir.

"I don't want much, any reasonable offer will be considered"

Is a hundred quid reasonable? :lol: Sorry, had to ask!
Vauxhall apologist.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I will be honest and say that's too low. I was hoping for around the £250 mark. Which isn't bad, considering the new bits on it (not to mention rear head rests!)...

So go on, it is, as you say a fine looking car. Just needs a bit of tlc that I can't afford (time mainly!) to give it anymore :cry:
Barnsley BXer
1K Away

Post by Barnsley BXer »

I wish I wasn't a diesel convert,that is a seriously nice Bx. :D :D :D
1990 GTI 4x4
1992 TZD
Dear Drooper............................
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

I`m seriously interested but, as ever, money is against me. Anyone want a smart TZD in need of a couple of minor-ish jobs but MOT`d, quick & reliable with very good bodywork?
Vauxhall apologist.
sleepy0905
1K Away

Post by sleepy0905 »

Now come on Billy where would you put it Mind you I supose you would find somewhere.
2017 Seat Leon ST FR 2.0 150Bhp
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Didn`t you see the size of my parking area out front? :lol: Also if the TZD goes there will be a free spot out there but if (and it`s a big if) I can get the spondoolies together the GTi would live in the garage.
Heck, I`d even take the twin headlights and alloys off the estate for that. I really like black cars too, despite my Merc` being an absolute pain to keep clean.
Philip, how soon do you need to get it sold/moved?
Vauxhall apologist.
sleepy0905
1K Away

Post by sleepy0905 »

No i didnt see your parking space you will have to show me when i come over to collect the front struts from you.
2017 Seat Leon ST FR 2.0 150Bhp
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

PM sent Philip.
Vauxhall apologist.
Barnsley BXer
1K Away

Post by Barnsley BXer »

As i've previously mentioned,quite some time ago,you ought to change from "cavmad" to "BXmad"
1990 GTI 4x4
1992 TZD
Dear Drooper............................
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

I have been considering a change in moniker after you last suggested it Dean!
Trouble is as `BX crazed` as I am I kinda like `Cavmad` as I`m used to it now. I haven`t owned a Cav (well, not one to keep) for a while now but I can`t get them out of my blood!
This leads me to wonder that if the French still had a royal family would they be green blooded instead of blue bloodied?

Going back on track a little I`m really keen on this GTi, I shall look forward to hearing back from Philip :D
Vauxhall apologist.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

PM reply sent, billy. If you don't get it let me know your email address...

(I seem to have a lot of PMs that I sent sitting in my outbox without any means to resend? A quirk of the PM system?)
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Billy, racking my brains as to what I could do with the TZD. That is one seriously nice car. The work it needs is very minimal, but unlike you I don't have a 40 vehicle space in front of the house, in fact the Xantia is house watching for a customer of mine who's working in China. #-o
They think it's all over, it is now!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

If you can come up with anything Ken please let me know. I expect I could tax it if neccessary and if it would help, though this may not be until the end of the month. I`ll double check MOT length when I get the chance, probably tonight. If you`ve not received a pm or e-mail by about 8.00pm please send me a prompt!
Off to the fun factory soon and will be working outside for fair chunks of the day worse flaming luck :cry:
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

I like that one!