PARTS WANTED

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
badlyworntoy
Banned

PARTS WANTED

Post by badlyworntoy »

Folks My names Ian, Sorry just to barge staright in with a wanted add, but the 16v BX forum is very slow and hardly anyone seem to ever use it so I've moved over to here. I'm currently restoring a P2 16v which I've owned for 6 years. It was in the paint shop last year and they made a huge mess and lost most of the parts from the doors. I've since had it all sorted by a "professional" bodyshop and upon re-assembly I'm struggling to find some of the parts which I think the first knocking shop lost.

If anybody can help with the following I'd be much obliged.

1x black disc which goes on the front door cards to blank the hole were the manual adjuster would protrude on the non electric mirror models.

Right hand rear outer door handle

The correct screws wich hold the door catches to the door frame, they is 3 per door and I need 3

The coin tray which goes around the digital clock in the middle of the dash in black.

I also need the heater control valve which goes from the matrix to the bulkhead, I'd really like a new one of these as the secondhand ones I've found seem to be very brittle and when I attach the hoses from the engine I cant get them tight enough without spliting the pipes.

I'm also would like a good set or front strut tops, the flange with the 3 studs and the rubber donut.

Again many thanks
Mike E (uk)
1K Away

Re: PARTS WANTED

Post by Mike E (uk) »

Hi Ian,

"parts which I think the first "knocking shop" lost.

I have found Car body shops to be considerably better for quality car repairs than brothels.

Back on topic:
I have a round blanking disk thing.
I have the screws, but will need to identify them in the 'Screws, various. Ex-BX' box.
I have a coin tray- the whole thing with the door.

pm me and we will sort something out.

Mike
la BX 16 soupapes: sachez apprecier avec moderation.

It might be clever now, but it won't be in the morning!
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Welcome aboard, yes the 16v forum is very slow noadays as most of the founder members seem to have gone quiet or sold the cars on.....you are very welcome here and theres alot of 16v owners.

part locating shouldnt be an issue.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
badlyworntoy
Banned

Post by badlyworntoy »

Retro and Classic Worx in Derwent street Middlesbrough, ran by some character called Beano just makes a mess of cars as far as I can tell, hence the term "Knocking shop" might be a northern thing sorry for the confusion.
16valver
Confirmed BX'er

Post by 16valver »

where abouts are you? i can get you said black disk for the mirror. a door handle. (black plastic.)
also, when you say you need 3 door catch screws. do you mean 3. or three sets of 3?
Elliot
badlyworntoy
Banned

Post by badlyworntoy »

Elliot

I'm in Middlesbrough and I only need 3 latch screws (1 doors worth)

many thanks
16valver
Confirmed BX'er

Post by 16valver »

i also have the coin tray. although it is cracked, and it opens under pressure.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Most of them do that, I just loosen the screw!
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....