Old garage sign

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
greendale65
BXpert

Old garage sign

Post by greendale65 »

Hi, I have a old citroen garage sign with yellow chevrons I had it on my wall in the bedroom
would look good in some ones garage (for sale) :) :) :) just to mention there's a couple blotches on it and some scratches its old like me. :) :wink: :wink: ( yes its on a double bed ) . Yes its metal I would say enamel and wall fixing :) :D :D :D Where are you all don't anybody want my old sign. or what to swop. [-o< [-o< [-o< :) OR WHATS YOUR OFFER. :? :? :?
Attachments
logo.jpg
Last edited by greendale65 on Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:29 pm, edited 10 times in total.
RxBX
Over 2k

Re: Old garage sign

Post by RxBX »

Hi Alan,

To generate interest and a hopefully a sale, IMHO you'll need to :-

a) State a price your asking for it (Or for offers via a PM) !

B) State the dimensions (If not included in a photo image) heres HOW TO upload images !

c) A decent photo of the item with a tape measure laying against to give folk an idea of the size and so they can see what condition the signs in ?

Good luck with a sale !

:)

Last edited by RxBX on Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
messerschmitt owner
BXpert

Post by messerschmitt owner »

and you could PM these details to me with a price and where you are and we can see what we can do - it could get added to the wall next to my Messerschmitt Service sign!
Citroen XM 2.1TD SX hatchback
Citroen XM 2.1TD VSX estate
Smart Roadster
Fiat Punto Cabriolet
Messerschmitt Kr200
Bond minicar mk C
Fiat 126 Bis
BX-less at the moment!
jeremyC5
BXpert

Post by jeremyC5 »

Or you could PM me with the details and see if I can give you a better offer for it to sit in my workshop !! :D

..... who else is interested?, perhaps you would get the best price on ebay, less the commission, less the paypal fees (ontop of the postage!), less the p&p...oh, hang on there's nothing left !!! #-o
C5 x 1
Ford 100E - Red x 2
Herald 12/50 x 1
JayW
1K Away

Post by JayW »

jeremyC5 wrote: perhaps you would get the best price on ebay, less the commission, less the paypal fees (ontop of the postage!), less the p&p...oh, hang on there's nothing left !!! #-o
That's how it's supposed to work, isn't it? :roll:
I have zero patience for your tedium.
jeremyC5
BXpert

Post by jeremyC5 »

JayW wrote:
jeremyC5 wrote: perhaps you would get the best price on ebay, less the commission, less the paypal fees (ontop of the postage!), less the p&p...oh, hang on there's nothing left !!! #-o
...Wot, ebay and paypal (same) taking almost all of the money ?

-Yes, I guess so, why doesn't someone set up an alternative ?
Ebuyer only does a small selection of types of items, and autotrader only do motors....

surely someone else doing it for 5% instead of 10% would get all the business and leave ebay high and dry ??
C5 x 1
Ford 100E - Red x 2
Herald 12/50 x 1
citronut
Over 2k

Post by citronut »

paypal are even taking a percentage of your postage charges ( buncgh of crooks )

theres always

http://uk.ebid.net/index.php?from=googl ... tAodiRIAMQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

regards malcolm
curent ride
K reg BX 17TD TZD est
also own
K reg D special

no longer have
H reg CX saffari 2.5 TRI (now gone to Malaysia)
R reg xantia 1.9TD est (gone to meet its maker)
Thread Bear
1K Away

Post by Thread Bear »

Very nice. Got a bit of a collection of signage with a lot of Michelin. I fear this might go out of my price range rather fast. Could swap you a BX for it!
Miguel - 16 TRS Auto S, light blue, 43k miles - £450
Pluto - 14 E S, White, 105k Miles - in work
Egbert - 19 16v Gti, White, A/C & Leather, - Keeper
Walt - 17 TZD Turbo S, graphite, 70k miles, good op extras - Keeper
Scraper- 17 TZD Turbo E, blue, 208k miles - parts
Homer - 19 TXD E, Red, 189k miles - £250
Gary - 17 TZD Turbo E, 118k miles - in work

'87 Trooper, Borgwards, Saabs, MG ZB, Bellamy Trials, Fiat Jolly & Bianchina, Goggo Dart, Messerschmitt, Heinkel, Bubblecars
rutter123
Over 2k
My Cars: 90 Bx Tzd turbo ven red 295k
74 D Super 5 black
05 Volvo V50 2.0d 180k
65 Peugeot Boxer work van 280k

Post by rutter123 »

Saw one of these on "salvage hunters" same as this was valued at £60, but it's down to what someone is willing to pay.
90 BX Tzd turbo 294k SORN undergoing major surgery
90 BX Tzd turbo estate 46k awaiting surgery
65 Peugeot Boxer Van the new workhorse
52 Toyota Rav4 180k Bulletproof Jap reliability
Paul296
Over 2k
My Cars: Citroen BX 17 TZD Hurricane
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

That's a very rare and collectable sign. I expect it'll go for substantially more than 60 quid.
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

PM sent (Now I've seen the photo added to the OP) !

:)

jeremyC5
BXpert

Post by jeremyC5 »

I'm out - Too dear for me I'm afriad.
C5 x 1
Ford 100E - Red x 2
Herald 12/50 x 1
Thread Bear
1K Away

Post by Thread Bear »

jeremyC5 wrote:
JayW wrote:
...Wot, ebay and paypal (same) taking almost all of the money ?

-Yes, I guess so, why doesn't someone set up an alternative ?
Ebuyer only does a small selection of types of items, and autotrader only do motors....

surely someone else doing it for 5% instead of 10% would get all the business and leave ebay high and dry ??
I seriously thought about doing something the just catered for cars and parts to start with. However its always very hard to shift an established market leader. Ebay have Paypal, which is the key to efficient business. The thing becomes a bigger enterprise than I would want to run very quickly. The other issue is to keep overheads down, you need to be operating outside the country, which means moving. In fact with the mess the banks have got themselves, and the economies, into, it would actually be better to outflank Paypal and have an electronic offshore bank in a state which offered a stable base, possibly a gold or oil standard. The auction house would attach and help create a custom base, as anyone switched on would realize that such a bank, set up to conservative risks, is a far better bet than ones that are operating bankrupt with the connivance of a State. No doubt such an initiative would be challenged as it would threaten the status quo and put the lie out into the open. Ebay/Paypal have bought out several businesses that were beginning to compete with them, Gumtree being one of the obvious. It could be, should be, done, but I think like inventing an alternative to burning oil in cars the offers to cease and retire rich, or worse, would be to great to turn down.

Then eBay are struggling I think. I rarely use it now as it has a poor search engine, poor prices and you cannot find the few good bits from the crap unless you have time to burn. Used to be a regular and made a lot of money. Not sure its possible now. All went wrong when it was sold to Mr Greedy.
Miguel - 16 TRS Auto S, light blue, 43k miles - £450
Pluto - 14 E S, White, 105k Miles - in work
Egbert - 19 16v Gti, White, A/C & Leather, - Keeper
Walt - 17 TZD Turbo S, graphite, 70k miles, good op extras - Keeper
Scraper- 17 TZD Turbo E, blue, 208k miles - parts
Homer - 19 TXD E, Red, 189k miles - £250
Gary - 17 TZD Turbo E, 118k miles - in work

'87 Trooper, Borgwards, Saabs, MG ZB, Bellamy Trials, Fiat Jolly & Bianchina, Goggo Dart, Messerschmitt, Heinkel, Bubblecars
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Am i being dumb but how much is it?
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
jeremyC5
BXpert

Post by jeremyC5 »

Tim Leech wrote:Am i being dumb but how much is it?

How much do you think ? :roll:
- are you going to make him an offer Tim?

Thread Bear - Yes, you are right - Perhaps it could use the Bitcoin.
Anyone signing up buys some bitcoins, sells, accepting bitcoins, and buys using same bitcoins.

- You may never need to 'pay' for anything from 'real' money, just spend the bitcoins you get by selling other stuff! - effectively swapping stuff you nonger need for other stuff.

I know what you mean, ebay will buy you out, perhaps you could quickly float the company and then put in the 'terms of the company' that ALL shareholders have to agree 100% before any resolution can be passed, therefore making it impossible to sell it, unless everyone is really greedy!!
C5 x 1
Ford 100E - Red x 2
Herald 12/50 x 1