Little Horwood

Here members post meetings, events, meet ups and the like
Low Expectations
Confirmed BX'er

Little Horwood

Post by Low Expectations »

Hi. Any one going to the D rally at Little Horwood this week end?
I'm tempted to pop along on Sunday (if the weather's good) but loathed to pay £10 to park up on the show field as i will only be able to make it for a couple of hours, but will if its going to be busy. Cheers Danny
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Re: Little Horwood

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I'm in the area on Saturday, but the £10 put me off as I would only be able to do an hour or so before scooting off.
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

I was hoping to get down, but unfortunately I've no transport at the moment.
Mark Smith

Is it just me or is everything shit?

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.
2000 XM VSX 2.1 td Auto. Rouge Magenta.
TGD saloon many years ago.

1990 Swift 'Corniche' 12/2 aka BXClub HQ.
Honda Firestorm. Gone, but not forgotten.
2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC.
Thread Bear
1K Away

Post by Thread Bear »

That sneaked into the dates. I enjoyed last years, only Saturday but that was a fiver for funds, I think. £10 starts pushing the envelope. I,ve seen my car so I do not need to pay to see it somewhere else. I think Microcars at Matlock win.
Miguel - 16 TRS Auto S, light blue, 43k miles - £450
Pluto - 14 E S, White, 105k Miles - in work
Egbert - 19 16v Gti, White, A/C & Leather, - Keeper
Walt - 17 TZD Turbo S, graphite, 70k miles, good op extras - Keeper
Scraper- 17 TZD Turbo E, blue, 208k miles - parts
Homer - 19 TXD E, Red, 189k miles - £250
Gary - 17 TZD Turbo E, 118k miles - in work

'87 Trooper, Borgwards, Saabs, MG ZB, Bellamy Trials, Fiat Jolly & Bianchina, Goggo Dart, Messerschmitt, Heinkel, Bubblecars
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Little Horwood has upped the prices (not sure if they have changed hands) hence why the increas plus the CXM may be at a different site this time for that reason.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Low Expectations
Confirmed BX'er

Its not that i begrudge paying £10 to get into a show, its more that i'm paying £10 when i won't be there long (work commitments). If i was there for the whole day, then fair enough or they are putting bands on etc. Also the fact its free for the general public!. I fully understand that the club has to make enough money to cover costs & that's fine in fact the price for the whole week end is very fair.
Any way after starting this thread to see if any one else is going, i might not make it. Just checked my mot & it runs out today, so i'm now popping up to the local garage to see if they can fit me in asap. God knows what they will make of the car!!
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

Is it a tenner for the weekend & just a fiver for one day?
2002 C5 2.0 HDI Estate - Jasmine - Now SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - My daily
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired.
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

I'm not just a username, i'm also called Matthew.
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

IIRC it's £10 per day or £20 for the weekend inc camping.
Mark Smith

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.

Thread Bear
1K Away

Post by Thread Bear »

Daft pricing if its otherwise free. Park in the road free and walk in. I am not subsidising caravaners. Back to what killed the Microcar Rallies and thus active participation. Not thought through right, abstain.

'87 Trooper, Borgwards, Saabs, MG ZB, Bellamy Trials, Fiat Jolly & Bianchina, Goggo Dart, Messerschmitt, Heinkel, Bubblecars
Tecar
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Tecar »

Low Expectations wrote:... Also the fact its free for the general public!. ...
Um...no!
(At least it shouldn't be)

It's £10 per car (or £10 if you park up and walk in) and £20 if you want to come for the weekend (there is no extra charge for camping)
We hadn't advertised a "couple of hours" price, because there usually isn't a need for it -
but £5 sounds okay to help us cover costs,
and keep the D Rally self sustaining - it certainly isn't a money making opportunity.
We've tried to keep costs down over the last couple of years, and the D Section of the CCC does subsidise the event, but there are a lot of ever increasing costs to deal with.
Please remember that like other CCC events this one is run by volunteers.
If you're not sure about how things work, or they don't sound "right" to you, you can ask on the CCC forum or our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/CCCUK.Dsection

Cheers
Kris
Low Expectations
Confirmed BX'er

Tecar wrote:
Um...no!

It's £10 per car (or £10 if you park up and walk in) and £20 if you want to come for the weekend (there is no extra charge for camping)
We hadn't advertised a "couple of hours" price, because there usually isn't a need for it -
and keep the D Rally self sustaining - it certainly isn't a money making opportunity.
We've tried to keep costs down over the last couple of years, and the D Section of the CCC does subsidise the event, but there are a lot of ever increasing costs to deal with.
If you're not sure about how things work, or they don't sound "right" to you, you can ask on the CCC forum or our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/CCCUK.Dsection

Cheers
Kris
Hi Kris. I wasn't suggesting it was a money making opportunity, in fact said it was cheap for the whole week end & fully understand you need to cover costs, it was more that i would only be able to make it for a couple of hours & £10 for that is a fair bit for me.
Don't know how you would stop people just walking in as its on the village recreation ground & public foot paths cross it from the woods. I used to live in Little Horwood and would wander round club events held on the rec & was never asked to pay! Any way i'm sure there won't be too much of a problem with people trying to get in for nothing.

Well i took the car for a mot & it failed :( nothing too major, a split cv gaiter & a few advisory's. So won't make it in Dualatron :(
I hope its a good week end with good weather for all those that go.
Cheers Danny
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

Tecar wrote:
Um...no!

Cheers
Kris
Well said. =D>
Mark Smith

Tecar
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Tecar »

Low Expectations wrote:
Hi Kris. I wasn't suggesting it was a money making opportunity, in fact said it was cheap for the whole week end & fully understand you need to cover costs, it was more that i would only be able to make it for a couple of hours & £10 for that is a fair bit for me.
Don't know how you would stop people just walking in as its on the village recreation ground & public foot paths cross it from the woods. I used to live in Little Horwood and would wander round club events held on the rec & was never asked to pay! Any way i'm sure there won't be too much of a problem with people trying to get in for nothing.
Well i took the car for a mot & it failed :( nothing too major, a split cv gaiter & a few advisory's. So won't make it in Dualatron :(
I hope its a good week end with good weather for all those that go.
Cheers Danny
Ah yes, locals do get a special deal - but usually aren't interested in the cars ;)
The comments weren't aimed at you specifically, I just meant to clear up some misconceptions, that seem to be associated with the D Rally and D owners :roll:
There are a lot of D owners who are interested in other Citroens too
Thread Bear
1K Away

Post by Thread Bear »

The ever present prob of venue costs. Tending to be more in the honey pots and centre of the country and no great suprise that I find so many venues are to the East side of the country, where it does seem to be cheaper to find a venue. Why the Welsh Marches seem less popular, I do not know. Centres of population?
Then there is the way to spread that cost. It seems oft to offer a weekend at a good rate and a day visit at a preportionally more expensive rate. Fine, its a solution, maybe the right one. However like all things, attendance is the arbitor, fiscal and by primasy of opinion, both. One offers fact, the other can have a vested interest. However traditional events are good and to be taken as they are, if you want to go.
My particular background is one of happy to contribute about £5 on a day, depending, but not £10. I will not be attending the Messerschmitt Rally, my favorite car, for this reason, though I might take the drive up, if the schmitt is going, and park outside with my buddies, perhaps a pub meal. After all its the drive in the car that is the reason for going, more than the sitting at a show, or have I got that wrong? Certainly have with Microcars where trailing and camping facilities are more important than venue and driving the cars it seems. That is sad and why I am looking elsewhere for some shared action. So many types of car seem to have become mothballed trophies not to be used. Then again maybe use has become a weekend away, which is something I cannot really do at the moment.
Hopefully the weather will be kind and those who attend will have a great weekend doing what they enjoy. Thats the main thing.

Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

I dont think £10 per day is pricey really, ok free is better but the money has to come from somewhere.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....