Fuel tank restraining strap

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Vince Pepper
Confirmed BX'er
My Cars: 1989 PH2 16v. White
Seat Leon FR. Whiter

Fuel tank restraining strap

Post by Vince Pepper »

I noticed the petrol tank strap has rusted through on my 16v, has anybody got a new or good used one I can buy, or any ideas on where to source one ?
mds141
Over 2k

Re: Fuel tank restraining strap

Post by mds141 »

I'd have thought a decent engineering shop, shoud be able to fabricate something suitable out of stainless or galvanised steel.
Mark Smith

Is it just me or is everything shit?

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.
2000 XM VSX 2.1 td Auto. Rouge Magenta.
TGD saloon many years ago.

1990 Swift 'Corniche' 12/2 aka BXClub HQ.
Honda Firestorm. Gone, but not forgotten.
2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC.
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

You can make one yourself for very little money as i did with my TXD Estate. Bought a metre of strapping from my local diy shop in the high street. Its the metal strip with all the holes in it. Cut it to length and fitted it in about 5 minutes and it went straight through the mot and so far has lasted 5 years.

Andy
Vince Pepper
Confirmed BX'er
My Cars: 1989 PH2 16v. White
Seat Leon FR. Whiter

Post by Vince Pepper »

Cheers guys, I'll take a closer look and see what I can fabricate myself.
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

Mothman wrote:You can make one yourself for very little money as i did with my TXD Estate. Bought a metre of strapping from my local diy shop in the high street. Its the metal strip with all the holes in it. Cut it to length and fitted it in about 5 minutes and it went straight through the mot and so far has lasted 5 years.

Andy
..that_ You beat me to that Andy :lol:

Heres theTYPE with an added plastic covering too (So it does chaff into your Plastic tank) :wink: