Mk1 16RS Estate - free to a good home

Advertise your car for sale here. No parts or eBay spots in here please.
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Mk1 16RS Estate - free to a good home

Post by Kitch »

I know of a mk1 16RS estate that the custodians are search for a new home for. It's Fox Grey (I think), mostly original and I believe has covered around 150k miles. I do have some pics at home on the PC somewhere. And it's free! Drawback? It's in Jersey - you'll need to import it (still a relative pittance compared with the cost of buying one in the UK).

The car is a runner and has a decent history. The French relations-bloke (not sure the official term) of Jersey bought the car in France in the late 80's/early 90's and owned it until his passing away a year or so ago. The car is still in running order (Jersey cars don't have to have an MoT as such) and bodily is probably the best mk1 estate I've seen in the last couple of years (it's not mint by any stretch - we're comparing to Timex here!) His widow and her daughter are keen to move the car on to a good home, but the only condition is that it leaves the channel islands - they don't want to see it again for obvious reasons.

I was planning to take this car on myself but I don't have the time or space any more. I've already sourced some spares I knew it needed and would be willing to move these on with the car for the money I paid for them (mk1 door mirrors, front bumper etc). Importing the car into the UK I reckoned was going to cost in the region of £250 including the crossing, but I only ventured about half way into thoroughly checking on this.

I'll get some pics up when I can. It's screaming for a good home though - it's seriously rare and has a good tale to tell.

Anyone?
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
Kitch
Over 2k

Re: Mk1 16RS Estate - free to a good home

Post by Kitch »

I'm stunned that nobody wants this! :? :shock:

A couple of hundred quid would see it here, and registered!

Kitch
Over 2k

Post by Kitch »

The pictures came through on a PDF so they're a pain to get to post on here properly, but for now this is the car:

On the whole it looks very tidy. Bit of hairdryer treatment on the bumpers and it'd look great!

Thread Bear
1K Away

Post by Thread Bear »

One of the more attractive colours. I agree, looks well worth a long weekend holiday break to collect, but then it is is the expensive part of the year. Does it have to go now or could it wait into September. Not thinking of myself here but a potential punter out there. Got to much on here.
Miguel - 16 TRS Auto S, light blue, 43k miles - £450
Pluto - 14 E S, White, 105k Miles - in work
Egbert - 19 16v Gti, White, A/C & Leather, - Keeper
Walt - 17 TZD Turbo S, graphite, 70k miles, good op extras - Keeper
Scraper- 17 TZD Turbo E, blue, 208k miles - parts
Homer - 19 TXD E, Red, 189k miles - £250
Gary - 17 TZD Turbo E, 118k miles - in work

'87 Trooper, Borgwards, Saabs, MG ZB, Bellamy Trials, Fiat Jolly & Bianchina, Goggo Dart, Messerschmitt, Heinkel, Bubblecars