19txd eng/box on the bay

Tell us about BXs you have spotted on the road, or BXs/parts spotted for sale including eBay finds.
rutter123
Over 2k
My Cars: 90 Bx Tzd turbo ven red 295k
74 D Super 5 black
05 Volvo V50 2.0d 180k
65 Peugeot Boxer work van 280k

19txd eng/box on the bay

Post by rutter123 »

Anyone else spotted this 92 txd eng/box 59k with hyd pump, fdv, bosch pump starter and alt, from a running car stripped for a stage prop or something..99p start Hemel Hempstead.
90 BX Tzd turbo 294k SORN undergoing major surgery
90 BX Tzd turbo estate 46k awaiting surgery
65 Peugeot Boxer Van the new workhorse
52 Toyota Rav4 180k Bulletproof Jap reliability
RxBX
Over 2k

Re: 19txd eng/box on the bay

Post by RxBX »

rutter123 wrote:Anyone else spotted this 92 txd eng/box 59k with hyd pump, fdv, bosch pump starter and alt, from a running car stripped for a stage prop or something..99p start Hemel Hempstead.
I 'Think' its the 61k Engine and G/B from (K261 OAB) which was one of the BX's used in the making of the 'BetVictor' adverts , see THIS thread :wink:

Mat/Mod's, (IMHO this thread/posting need moving into the 'Spotted Section') ?

:lol:

RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

Listing now ended, showing as Sold for ONLY £51.25 !

Someone got a mega bargain !

Well done =D>

RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

RxBX wrote:Listing now ended, showing as Sold for ONLY £51.25 !

Someone got a mega bargain !

Well done =D>
Just to update this thread, I see that the original listing/sale fell thro' and the seller RE-LISTED it with a 'BIN' of £100 and got snapped up !
E-bay Seller wrote:PLEASE NOTE WE WILL NOT DELIVER - HAS BEEN RE-LISTED BECAUSE WINNER COULD NOT COLLECT
Someone still got a bargain (The hydraulic pump was worth that on its own) !

Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Yes, i bought it. Its going in my 1985 MK 1 which is at Chevronics at the moment.

Andy
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

Mothman wrote:Yes, i bought it. Its going in my 1985 MK 1 which is at Chevronics at the moment.

Andy
I thought it may have been you, as read in your 'Fleet Blog' !
Mothman wrote:Rob Moss has just informed me that Mollie, my 1985 BX19RD has had her engine removed and that the body shell is pretty much rust fre which is good. I have bought a low mileage Mk 2 diesel engine for her which will be fitted as needed. Some body panels are also being removed.
Cant wait.
If you'd wanted to keep it More original, I do have a MK1 engine which has only covered 105,852 miles available !

I'd offered it 'Dollywobler' for the Blue MK1 Estate that Mike owns now (Timex), but I think Mike possibly has a donor unit for that too now (Or he replaced the H/G on the original engine) ?
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Thanks for that bud, a very kind offer, however, i have decided with Rob, that this motor is just going to be very well saved for now and will become my daily runner. OK. she will be fully restored and rustproofed along with a respray. However, my 1984 RD may need a new engine if hers cant be sorted as she will be made totally original so i may get back to you re this.
Will be putting some piccies on the blog of Mollie soon, hell, the underside without the subframe shows just how good she is for a 29 year old motor!!

Andy
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

I'd offered it 'Dollywobler' for the Blue MK1 Estate that Mike owns now (Timex), but I think Mike possibly has a donor unit for that too now (Or he replaced the H/G on the original engine) ?
Yep, Timex has a 1988 round port engine, which I bought a square port head for from Andy last year. This was then fitted after the original head failed big time. Current plan is to pull the original engine from Fred (which has a shot pump among other issues) and strip the dip stick assembly, vent pipes, sump and any other Mk1 specific parts from it to make Timex visually correct. Fred is then getting a 19TD engine from a Synergie - not original for such a rare car but everything I do will be reversible and it gets another car on the road (eventually) that would have otherwise been scrapped.
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!