Hello everyone...

Anything about BXs
grifterkid

Hello everyone...

Post by grifterkid »

Hey there folks...

I am a big fan of old motors (especially ones from the 70's) and the BX has such an interesting history there really is a lot to like!

I remember an old school friends folks having one when my Dad used to run Granada's and being in the BX was like riding in a Nasa Shuttle...!!! Brilliant...

All the best.
Charlotte
BXpert

Re: Hello everyone...

Post by Charlotte »

Welcome aboard! Are you considering getting a BX of your own?
Bride of Stinkwheel
http://weaselsemark.carbonmade.com

Citroen BX St Tropez
Still not over H592 AGW "Hugo" TZD Turbo
grifterkid

Post by grifterkid »

For now I'm happy to just observe! If a really early base spec' model came up for sale though I may be interested...
Tinkley
1K Away

Post by Tinkley »

You don't want a true base spec one, believe me. You would be best off looking for a 14 RE post September/October 1988. This has the TU unleaded engine and is OK with 5 speed gearbox (good ratios btw) and 72 ps (metric brake hp). The absolute base spec was 4 Sp and no rear wash wipe, the ratios are not as good and it is slightly too basic. If the mileage is low the trim should be in good nick.

The next up so to speak is a relatively simple 1.6 spec. Maybe the 1.7 RD n/a diesel but that is pretty sluggy, and the 1.9 RD is a good motor even n/a.
grifterkid

Post by grifterkid »

To be honest it is the pictures of the really early, simple BX's that float my boat as it were...!

I suppose the greatest task is finding one though...?!
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

If it's a mk1 you're after it's a bit of a case of taking what turns up. I don't think any model is particular common, although there seems to be a few GT's and 19RD's about.
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
benifotrem1
Confirmed BX'er

Post by benifotrem1 »

A basic bx has just gone to the scrap yard heaven here in Spain. It was a 1984 model in white and the badge on the boot merely said BX. I went to look at it but the interior was shot. It had rotted due to 30 Spanish summers. A real pity.
Glad to see I'm not the only person that really likes the basic BX. I love those tiny centre wheel trims.
Benifotrem1

1985 BX19 GT
1970 SEAT 124 ESTATE (same as FIAT)
1971 HONDA PC50

MODERN CARS:

2005 AUDI ALLROAD 4.2
2000 SKODA FABIA 1.9 TDI ELEGANCE
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

This is a pretty basic MK 1 BX19RD Auto. Probably a lot more comon in Europe as at the moment its the only one in the UK. There are MK 1s about but the price is rising, especially if you want one up and running. Also, a lot of the parts are not common with the MK2s and are getting harder to find. May be easier to find one and restore it but that said, you will have your BX but wont be able to drive it so its up to you to decide. There are a lot more MK 2s about so maybe its best to go for a running MK 2 unless your pockets are very deep.

Andy