Another estate (1.9 D) on eBay

Tell us about BXs you have spotted on the road, or BXs/parts spotted for sale including eBay finds.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Another estate (1.9 D) on eBay

Post by Philip Chidlow »

• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
electrokid
1K Away

Re: Another estate (1.9 D) on eBay

Post by electrokid »

Looks pretty rough. If the tailgate catch bolts have really come out of their threads then the rear end rust is possibly terminal. And if the heater tap is stuck there is the potential for other issues related to the coolant system. Has anyone been to see this ?
1992 BX19 TGD estate 228K Rusty - SORNed
2002 C5 HDi SX estate
RobC
BXpert
My Cars: 1991 Citroen BX 16v

Post by RobC »

electrokid wrote:Looks pretty rough. If the tailgate catch bolts have really come out of their threads then the rear end rust is possibly terminal. And if the heater tap is stuck there is the potential for other issues related to the coolant system. Has anyone been to see this ?

I think the "tailgate catches out of their thread" refers to the plastic tailgate rather than the metal body. I had a similar problem on my last bx. It's exacerbated every time someone slams the boot shut! Hence me now being ridiculously anal about shutting the boot *very gently* and getting all uppity if a friend/hand car wash man/bank robbing accomplice slams it shut.
1991 Citroen BX 16v
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Ime sure it does bud but they can break there too and this cannot really be fixed with glue. Fibreglass is a possibility but a proper fix is a replacement tailgate. My TXD had this problem, luckily with only one screw damaged. Covered it and the other with arraldite and it held for 8 years. However, the entire metal plug that holds the screw can also pull out and its difficult to glue it back in. Now shut them all gently.

Andy