Beaulieu bumps GDSF

Here members post meetings, events, meet ups and the like
Thread Bear
1K Away

Beaulieu bumps GDSF

Post by Thread Bear »

A mite early notification, and perhaps of little interest to BXers. Sure to create a stir in the Autojumble trade. Beaulieu Autojumble has decided not to remain on its traditional 2nd weekend of September date but be a week earlier, 5th -6th of September. That sets it directly against the equally strong Great Dorset Steam Fair. Many Jumblers and others are habitually present at both these events, even camping out in the South West between the two consecutive weekends. It makes no sense for Beaulieu to go head to head with GDSF, both events create business for the other. Forcing traders to take a side is chumpsville. It will be interesting to see if this clash remains scheduled, and quite what fall out will accrue. Such things can have long reaching effects that are not easy to forecast.

For myself its annoying as the Microcar mob have the Hatton Garden job as the National Microcar Rally in Warwickshire on the same sweet weekend, assuming it would miss Beaulieu. So we risk a low turnout from the South West now as Micronauts do frequent Beaulieu, even as stall holders, as I used to be. I no longer do anything at Beaulieu after a confrontation with the organisers, who I found unbelievably arrogant, even when proved wrong. Not the only one, either. Their loss. Also Warwickshire is a handy distance for me to drive a Microcar up to Hatton.
Miguel - 16 TRS Auto S, light blue, 43k miles - £450
Pluto - 14 E S, White, 105k Miles - in work
Egbert - 19 16v Gti, White, A/C & Leather, - Keeper
Walt - 17 TZD Turbo S, graphite, 70k miles, good op extras - Keeper
Scraper- 17 TZD Turbo E, blue, 208k miles - parts
Homer - 19 TXD E, Red, 189k miles - £250
Gary - 17 TZD Turbo E, 118k miles - in work

'87 Trooper, Borgwards, Saabs, MG ZB, Bellamy Trials, Fiat Jolly & Bianchina, Goggo Dart, Messerschmitt, Heinkel, Bubblecars
Mothman

Re: Beaulieu bumps GDSF

Post by Mothman »

Whats this to do with BXs?
Thread Bear
1K Away

Re: Beaulieu bumps GDSF

Post by Thread Bear »

Two of the biggest events in the South West. Certainly if you trade. Might be that there are BX parts for sale there, have been in the passed as I have bought them. Might be BX folk attend GDSF in a car. Its a clask that will be unwelcome. Its news even if you do not go. Might be you will be tempted to attend if you move to Cornwall. One thing is for sure, evening at Beaulieu is moth time! They get everywhere. I used to get moaned at for looking at the different sorts.
All I know is that is important to classic car people I know. No idea if BX owners hold the same interest. Perhaps they are to busy in Fizzog virtual eventing? Meeow! :wink: Still its free information.
Miguel - 16 TRS Auto S, light blue, 43k miles - £450
Pluto - 14 E S, White, 105k Miles - in work
Egbert - 19 16v Gti, White, A/C & Leather, - Keeper
Walt - 17 TZD Turbo S, graphite, 70k miles, good op extras - Keeper
Scraper- 17 TZD Turbo E, blue, 208k miles - parts
Homer - 19 TXD E, Red, 189k miles - £250
Gary - 17 TZD Turbo E, 118k miles - in work

'87 Trooper, Borgwards, Saabs, MG ZB, Bellamy Trials, Fiat Jolly & Bianchina, Goggo Dart, Messerschmitt, Heinkel, Bubblecars