bx 16v top matrics heater hose

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
greendale65
BXpert

bx 16v top matrics heater hose

Post by greendale65 »

Hello all, Ok I'm not going to get the hose I need
has anyone tried a different way to over come this
problem , Don't even know what shape the hose is
or size any help on this.
^^bx> 16valver
Way2go
Over 2k

Re: bx 16v top matrics heater hose

Post by Way2go »

If you have the car surely you can measure it? :?
1991 BX19GTi Auto
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

It would certainly be easier than someone trying to describe the shape of a hose on a forum!

You could make up the hose with lengths of universal heater hose, and elbows like these:
http://www.carbuildersolutions.com/uk/h ... and-elbows

Or even plumbing fittings, wouldn't look 'factory' but would be functionally OK.

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Why cant you get the old one copied? Do you have the old one?

Andy
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

What price do you want to pay as this is clearly the priority. We've already identified a supplier of hoses for you, but you seem reluctant to use this supply, I presume on cost grounds?

Have you looked at your private messages for any other suggestions? I've sent you two messages but had no response, perhaps you are not aware of the message system.

Andy, in my experience getting a single hose copied is quite expensive, around £100 per hose up to about 1 foot long. By the time you've got these two hoses copied, you could have bought a full 16v set
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Ah, didnt know that it was that expensive, a good note for the future in case i need one for my GSA.
Ta bud.

Andy
greendale65
BXpert

Post by greendale65 »

Vanny wrote:What price do you want to pay as this is clearly the priority. We've already identified a supplier of hoses for you, but you seem reluctant to use this supply, I presume on cost grounds?

Have you looked at your private messages for any other suggestions? I've sent you two messages but had no response, perhaps you are not aware of the message system.

Andy, in my experience getting a single hose copied is quite expensive, around £100 per hose up to about 1 foot long. By the time you've got these two hoses copied, you could have bought a full 16v set