Wanted: Rear door seal, driver side

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
sdelasal
BXpert

Wanted: Rear door seal, driver side

Post by sdelasal »

I need a rear driver door seal - either new or good/used. Let me know please if you have one or know where to find one. Steve
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Re: Wanted: Rear door seal, driver side

Post by Tim Leech »

Think I have one!
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
sdelasal
BXpert

Re: Wanted: Rear door seal, driver side

Post by sdelasal »

The problem was that water was seeping into the U channel along the uppermost part of the door seal - the U channel is what enables it to 'clamp' onto the body. Once in the U channel, the water runs down internally to the seal and re-appears out of the bottom - unfortunately forming a puddle under the seat which depending on the angle of the car may over-flow into the foot well. I had removed the seal a couple of times to try & re-form the u-channel which can loose its tension, but not successful. I think correct location of the seal into the front top corner is also important as I think thisis the section where my seal was weak. Anyway, a thin bead of silicon along the top of the seal looks to have cured the problem. Tanks though to Tim and Richard (xmx) for offers of help. Steve