Wanted - Drivers Window Mechanism (Electric)

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
bussell
Confirmed BX'er

Wanted - Drivers Window Mechanism (Electric)

Post by bussell »

Hi all,

I have a worn mechanism on my 1990 TZD Turbo - drivers side electric window with one touch - motor works but mechanism is worn so that the top 40mm of travel makes the motor jump on the mechanism and has to be helped by hand - and then often drops a bit (usually just as you join the motorway)

I am not sure exactly what I need to fix this but presume that it is the mechanism not the motor.

Or a complete working unit.

Many thanks

Ed Beech
Ed Beech - Bussell

1989 14E Leader
1985 Volkswagen Transporter Camper
1995 Land Rover Defender 110
2021 Audi e-tron Sportback
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Re: Wanted - Drivers Window Mechanism (Electric)

Post by Vanny »

Are you sure its the motor and not the rubber in the window channels?
The bits that touch the window are meant to be flock/felt lined and over time this wears away.
You ultimately end up with the bare rubber grabbing onto the window and stopping it moving (causing the motor to stall)

These window channel rubbers can't be bought from Citroen but might be available from Chevronics.
bussell
Confirmed BX'er

Post by bussell »

Thanks, I will look into that - I think though even if that is what started the problem the mechanism might well be worn out as once it is fully up it often drops and lets air in.

Ed :)
Ed Beech - Bussell

1989 14E Leader
RobC
BXpert
My Cars: 1991 Citroen BX 16v

Post by RobC »

Can also just be a case of gummed up mechanism. Take the door cards off and clean all the old sticky grease off the mechanism, replace with new grease, put a small amount of silicone grease in the window channels, and you may be alright.
1991 Citroen BX 16v
bussell
Confirmed BX'er

Post by bussell »

Door card has now been off (thanks for the thread on that!) and it is definitely worn out cogs on the mechanism. I think that had it been serviced earlier then it would have been fine - but now it is just jumping as either the cogs on the motor/mechanism have worn down and it jumps at the top.

I will try and source another mechanism although it looks like a total pain to change - is there a thread on this?

As a precaution all window runners have been serviced with silicone grease and the passenger window is much improved - thanks for the tip.

Ed :-)
Ed Beech - Bussell

1989 14E Leader