Parts Inventory.

Tell us about BXs you have spotted on the road, or BXs/parts spotted for sale including eBay finds.
mds141
Over 2k

Parts Inventory.

Post by mds141 »

Collected an old Citroën garage sign from this seller today and they're having a clear out - they used to be a Citroën dealer some years ago - the parts person isn't sure of what's what, so I thought I'd post on here. http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vi ... 1687259403
Mark Smith

Is it just me or is everything shit?

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.
2000 XM VSX 2.1 td Auto. Rouge Magenta.
TGD saloon many years ago.

1990 Swift 'Corniche' 12/2 aka BXClub HQ.
Honda Firestorm. Gone, but not forgotten.
2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Re: Parts Inventory.

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Jeez. That's a lot... It'd be a lot of work to make more sense of the list I guess... Rob Moss should buy it all up lol
;)
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Thread Bear
1K Away

Post by Thread Bear »

This is what I used to look out for back when I traded more. I checked out old and long serving dealers of marques I was into. I then made offers to buy up the old stock. I got some great parts and generally what I did not want meant what I did was free. Did this on Goggomobil, NSU, Mazda, Subaru, etc. Messerschmitt and Heinkel (second hand trade). In most cases this was because the clubs concerned failed to act.
I had 4 tons of NSU spares on the third occasion I sold up and out of them - the fourth time was Wankel Spiders, nice! The club, miffed, refused to buy, despite my generous offer of about £500, I think, choosing to be very rude. I took a load as fillers to my stand at Mannhiem Veterama not expecting much reaction as NSU was not a big interest even there, at this time. As soon as the Germans saw the original packaging, my stall was besieged. The Germans know a good thing when they see it and buy for the future. I did 3 years of stands then sold the remaining stock to Melmann at a trade price. Made some £7,000 when that was worth about £15,000 in todays money. The Germans win, Brits loose.
Someone needs to get in there and elsewhere before all this stuff is skipped.
Miguel - 16 TRS Auto S, light blue, 43k miles - £450
Pluto - 14 E S, White, 105k Miles - in work
Egbert - 19 16v Gti, White, A/C & Leather, - Keeper
Walt - 17 TZD Turbo S, graphite, 70k miles, good op extras - Keeper
Scraper- 17 TZD Turbo E, blue, 208k miles - parts
Homer - 19 TXD E, Red, 189k miles - £250
Gary - 17 TZD Turbo E, 118k miles - in work

'87 Trooper, Borgwards, Saabs, MG ZB, Bellamy Trials, Fiat Jolly & Bianchina, Goggo Dart, Messerschmitt, Heinkel, Bubblecars
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Post by Jaba »

Not the most helpful seller ever. I have asked them to let me have a searchable document of their parts list to make it easier to find stuff. I will publish a link to it if I ever get hold of it.
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
KevR
1K Away
My Cars: It's all in my signature

Post by KevR »

I've already been through all those bins (with the help of Phil G) when we went to pick up a couple of NOS windscreens I'd bought on Ebay. A bit rushed but I think we got most of the relevant BX stuff! There'll still be interesting stuff there for other models, and some bits of switchgear, instruments etc for early models, but a lot is missing part numbers. Parts bloke knows absolutely nothing about anything more than about 5 years old. And they're not giving anything away, believe me - rather than just looking at a box of bits and coming up with a number, the boss of the place painstakingly went through every part, looked up the retail price and came up with a percentage figure which was probably fair, but by no means cheap...
I was interested in their old special tools - they had quite a lot - but in the end, a: Otley's a bloody long way from Normandy, and b: they just weren't that pleasant to deal with.
1990 BX TZD Estate ('the grey one', 1991 BX TZD Estate ('the white one'), 1982 2CV6 Charleston (in bits), 1972 AZU Serie B (2CV van), 1974 HY72 Camper, 1990 Land Rover 110 diesel LWB, 1957 Mobylette AV76, 1992 Ducati 400SS, 1966 VW Beetle, 1990 Mazda MX-5, 1996 Peugeot 106D, 1974 JCB 2D MkII, 1997 BMW R1100RS, 1987 Suzuki GSX-R1100, 1978 Honda CX500A, 1965 Motobecane Cady, 1988 Honda Bros/Africa Twin, 1963 Massey Ferguson 825, and a lot of bicycles!
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

I received a positive reception upon arriving in the valver, but the parts lad is only a 'nipper'. They're now selling Great Wall pick up trucks, which will go down a storm with the Yorkshire farming community. 8)
Mark Smith

Is it just me or is everything shit?

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.
2000 XM VSX 2.1 td Auto. Rouge Magenta.
TGD saloon many years ago.

1990 Swift 'Corniche' 12/2 aka BXClub HQ.
Honda Firestorm. Gone, but not forgotten.
2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC.