New Member Saying Hi!

Anything about BXs
mijfife
Confirmed BX'er

New Member Saying Hi!

Post by mijfife »

Hi all, I've been browsing the forum for a few weeks as I think I have an itch that needs scratched and it's BX shaped :lol:
I've had an interest in classic cars for a lot of years and my current classic is a 1967 Singer Chamois Coupe that I restored back in 1998. whilst I'll never sell the Imp, I'd like something a bit newer, that I can use on a daily basis and has a diesel engine. I had a Xantia 1.9td a couple of years back and quite liked it but what I really fancy is a BX as the shape has really grown on me :D
I've never been in one but had a good chat with a couple of the guys down at the Moffat show who were really helpful (thanks guys) Is there anyone in or around the Fife area / central belt of Scotland with a BX turbo diesel that would be prepared to take me for a run in one........please....... [-o< :D I'd like to make sure it's the car for me before I track one down.

Cheers Jim
1991 BX TZD Hatchback, biodiesel powered :D
2007 Peugeot Partner 1.6HDi - everyday work horse, totally reliable but so dull :roll: 60k miles on my homemade biodiesel so mega cheap to run!
1967 Singer Chamois Coupe - owned since 1998, fully restored by myself - love it.
1991 Kawasaki GPz900r - owned since 2004, awaiting light restoration & a bit of TLC.
2002 Triumph Daytona 955i - bought in 2014 so that I could take Kawasaki off the road to restore - that's my excuse anyway :lol:
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Re: New Member Saying Hi!

Post by Tim Leech »

Welcome jim!
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

Hi Jim. I was chatting to you at the Moffat show, I had the white BX and I was showing you around the under bonnet stuff. There's a few BX'ers in Scotland, not sure if any are in the Central Belt. I can PM you the email address of Richard Woods - the Scottish CCC section organiser - if you like.
Mark Smith

Is it just me or is everything shit?

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.
2000 XM VSX 2.1 td Auto. Rouge Magenta.
TGD saloon many years ago.

1990 Swift 'Corniche' 12/2 aka BXClub HQ.
Honda Firestorm. Gone, but not forgotten.
2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC.
mijfife
Confirmed BX'er

Post by mijfife »

Hi again Mark, thanks for showing me over your BX at Moffat, it's a lovely car you have and it was a pleasure to meet you.
I can't recall the last time I saw a BX running around this area, it was certainly a good few years ago. I'd appreciate if you could pm me Richard's email address, that way I can check if there's any local owners to me.

thanks also to Tim for the welcome, that's quite a fleet of citroens you have there!!

Regards, Jim
2007 Peugeot Partner 1.6HDi - everyday work horse, totally reliable but so dull :roll: 60k miles on my homemade biodiesel so mega cheap to run!
1967 Singer Chamois Coupe - owned since 1998, fully restored by myself - love it.
1991 Kawasaki GPz900r - owned since 2004, awaiting light restoration & a bit of TLC.
2002 Triumph Daytona 955i - bought in 2014 so that I could take Kawasaki off the road to restore - that's my excuse anyway :lol:
mijfife
Confirmed BX'er

Post by mijfife »

Well, I've decided to stop looking for a BX...........because I've now got one :D :D :D it's a 1991 TZD hatch that appeared last week on the Car and Classic site, the best bit being, it was only 35 miles away from me. After some serious haggling to get it down to a more realistic price, I collected it last night and I'm a happy bunny :) It's covered 129k miles, has loads of service history, seems to be in decent nick and drives brilliantly.

I have to say a humungous thanks to Richard Woods, the secretary/organiser for the Scottish section of the Citroën Car Club, for taking the time to show me round his BX so that I knew what I was looking for and trusting me behind the wheel for a test run too. Top bloke =D>

Annoyingly, I'll have to wait a week to play with it as I'm not wasting a months road tax. I guess I'll just be sitting in it and playing with the switches, hoping I don't break anything [-X I've a couple of jobs to sort out, the most pressing is the non functioning heater control problem, something Richard warned me about. Hopefully the valve will free off but if not, I'll be hunting for a replacement. I'd also like to get busy with the underseal around the rear seams before winter sets in and sort out the two rather ugly repairs on the inner arches at the front. A tow bar will also be on the shopping list in due course and probably a parcel shelf that I can fit speakers into as I don't want to cut the unmarked original.
The plan is to run the BX all year as I get bored using the Partner when the Imp and the bike are laid up for the winter.

Anyway, enough prattling for now, here's a couple of the pics lifted from the advert as I haven't had time to take any yet!
Cheers Jim

Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Awesome! Well bought.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
mijfife
Confirmed BX'er

Post by mijfife »

Thanks Tim, looking forward to enjoying it soon :D
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

Well done Jim. :-)
Mark Smith

Is it just me or is everything shit?

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.
2000 XM VSX 2.1 td Auto. Rouge Magenta.
TGD saloon many years ago.

1990 Swift 'Corniche' 12/2 aka BXClub HQ.
Honda Firestorm. Gone, but not forgotten.
2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC.