rutter123
Over 2k
My Cars: 90 Bx Tzd turbo ven red 295k
74 D Super 5 black
05 Volvo V50 2.0d 180k
65 Peugeot Boxer work van 280k

Front spoiler/splitter re-make gti/td

Post by rutter123 »

I have been making some enquires regarding having these remade in fibreglass, so far so good and should have a sample back in a few weeks, they should come in under £75

Is this too much?

Would you buy one?

I need some feedback so i have a ballpark figure of quantity, not asking anyone to commit to buy but these are a nice addition to any bx.
90 BX Tzd turbo 294k SORN undergoing major surgery
90 BX Tzd turbo estate 46k awaiting surgery
65 Peugeot Boxer Van the new workhorse
52 Toyota Rav4 180k Bulletproof Jap reliability
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Re: Front spoiler/splitter re-make gti/td

Post by Tim Leech »

They aren't that rare cliff, although the price isn't unreasonable plus there's a very small market.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Glorybx
My Cars: BXTZD.

Post by Glorybx »

Hi,
if you were to have say 50 splitters made to keep the costs down, could you sell them? I doubt it and you would have a hefty bill on your hands. Also, if you need one just for yourself, thats a high price to pay.
The parts we need for BXs are mechanical things, not cosmetics i feel.
BX19TRS
JayW
1K Away

Post by JayW »

And I feel that anyone who makes the effort to have parts commissioned should be commended.

It's people's unwillingness and criticism of such actions that allow cars to fade from existence.

I don't need one Cliff, but if you can afford a few, you may be the only person in 5 years with stock - or at least with access to moulds.

I don't see anyone criticising Citronics or Pleaides...
I have zero patience for your tedium.
Glorybx

Post by Glorybx »

Think you are wrong there, ok, have essential items made yes but nonessensial things wont make cars fade away. Headlight protectors n splitters may make a car look better but not go any better.
BX19TRS
JayW
1K Away

Post by JayW »

Perhaps we should allow you to define a list of parts we are / are not allowed to have made then based on what YOU feel is most important to you.

Alternatively, we could give people like Cliff and Barry and Bakers a pat on the back for bothering as these are the same people who WILL be bothered next time the opportunity to commission a new part comes along.

I'm sure that as a "member of all of 5 minutes" you've got plenty to offer and I'm sure that being part of the community you joined up for is right at the top of your list...
I have zero patience for your tedium.
Glorybx

Post by Glorybx »

Been around longer than you think Jay so there is no need for silly comments like that. And ive probably got as much to offer as you have.
BX19TRS
peterwight
Confirmed BX'er
My Cars: Audi A4 Quattro (1998)

Post by peterwight »

What exactly IS a front spoiler/splitter? Am I the only member who cannot visualise this item? My Meteor has a picnic shelf on the tailgate, which I presume is a windspoiler. So I know that shape and how it sits on the car. But 'splitter': what does it split and where does it sit? In short, the market for this product may be better assessed if potential buyers know what it is and what it looks like. How about a drawing? Best wishes, PW
A BX fan since buying a 1983 1.6 in 1987 and subsequently a 1.9GTi, three 16valvers and a diesel Meteor. Their deaths have us done parted, save for one 16V sold for restoration, hopefully underway.
rutter123
Over 2k
My Cars: 90 Bx Tzd turbo ven red 295k
74 D Super 5 black
05 Volvo V50 2.0d 180k
65 Peugeot Boxer work van 280k

Post by rutter123 »

Front splitter is the black plastic moulding that fixes to the bottom edge of the front bumper (a lower spoiler if you like) usually fitted on higher spec models such as turbo diesel, gti, hurricane models and some others. Hope this answers your question.
90 BX Tzd turbo 294k SORN undergoing major surgery
90 BX Tzd turbo estate 46k awaiting surgery
65 Peugeot Boxer Van the new workhorse
52 Toyota Rav4 180k Bulletproof Jap reliability
fnep

Post by fnep »

I would say go for it. Dont mind the grumpy old men who only think that rational things are allowed to exist.

People that makes the effort to make a cosmetic part proberbly allready has a mechanically sound bx and due to the love of the bx wants to improve its looks.

It is so insanely demotivating when comments like that is posted and that is also the reason why so many is leaving the forum. They just got fed up with all the negative mentality. Put on the yeshat and welcome initiatives like this.