rutter123
Over 2k
My Cars: 90 Bx Tzd turbo ven red 295k
74 D Super 5 black
05 Volvo V50 2.0d 180k
65 Peugeot Boxer work van 280k

Drivers window

Post by rutter123 »

The elec front window driver side is struggling to close fully works fine until the last inch or so then seems to stall, after a few attempts it will eventually close all the way but is seemingly getting worse, slower and sticking, have silicones sprayed the rubbers and window surrounds but with little effect, is worse on colder days.think this could be a full door strip out job.
90 BX Tzd turbo 294k SORN undergoing major surgery
90 BX Tzd turbo estate 46k awaiting surgery
65 Peugeot Boxer Van the new workhorse
52 Toyota Rav4 180k Bulletproof Jap reliability
ken newbold
Over 2k

Re: Drivers window

Post by ken newbold »

not quite, take the door card off and lubricate the gearing and any other moving parts, silcone spray on the window slides should help, but it could be the motor is tired
They think it's all over, it is now!
Tinkley
1K Away

Re: Drivers window

Post by Tinkley »

I've had this for ages with current car. However stripping out the motor and lubing the worm helps. In my case the motor works fine when put in other orientations..... :wink: just doesn't like the position it is supposed to work in. Working the glass with fingers 'helps' it go home, though long term a replacement motor is needed.

Be careful to adjust the worm pressure (allen key) alignment or this can jam it too. The main steel rod can rust, stopping the phosphor bronze bush slider from moving freely. The mechanism comes apart OK, but the actual motor internals (windings etc) regrettably are a sealed unit. Be sure to have the window at bottom OR support the glass IF you remove the motor with it raised fully..... :wink: