BX Tech talk
Pluto
Confirmed BX'er
My Cars: 1992 BX19TGD ESTATE 178k
2014 Fiat Ducato Sportivo

Interior swap

Post by Pluto »

Hi all,

I'm looking at buying a txd hatch as a spares car to rob the interior out of and fit into my tgd estate. My question is, will the rear seats and door cards from a hatchback fit in an estate? I'm assuming they will be the same, but if there is anyone with experience I would really appreciate your input! :D
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Re: Interior swap

Post by Tim Leech »

Yes! they are interchangeable but you wont have the rubber backing on the rear seats as you do with the estate but I Imagine you can swop them over?

TXD seats are black of course where TGD is grey.
Last edited by Tim Leech on Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

You'd be better finding a Zenith interior, much better match with the grey dashboard
They think it's all over, it is now!
Pluto
Confirmed BX'er
My Cars: 1992 BX19TGD ESTATE 178k
2014 Fiat Ducato Sportivo

Post by Pluto »

ken newbold wrote:You'd be better finding a Zenith interior, much better match with the grey dashboard
Thanks for the reply! My car actually has a black dash as stock. The front seats were changed for a pair out of a tzd a long time ago but the rear seats and door cards are all original grey cloth. They are all in fantastic condition, but the fact they don't match is driving me nuts! I would just swap the fronts but I much prefer the darker colour.

If anyone wants any grey door cards or rear seat just let me know (if I manage to win this other car!)
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

Tim Leech wrote:Yes! they are interchangeable but you wont have the rubber backing on the hatch estates as you do with the estate but I Imagine you can swop them over?
Not an easy job to swap by the looks of things - the backing on the estate rear seat I think was under the fabric so would need unstitching from memory. I know I looked into it but decided just to leave the bare steel of the hatch seat in my estate.

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
Kaapelimies
BXpert

Post by Kaapelimies »

You maybe have to change the plastic thingies holding the shelf up, as they are different depending if the car is a split rear seat or not and estate or hatchback. At least two different types exist but are interchangeable.
BX 4x4 estate, several BX Van's and some more normal estates in Finland.