Parts help for an Aussie

Anything about BXs
motorgnome
Confirmed BX'er
My Cars: BX 19 TRI, Mk1 MG Metro, Mk1 Metro VP, Triumph Dolomite Sprint, Lexus LS400

Parts help for an Aussie

Post by motorgnome »

Hey guys. I'm a newcomer to the BX world & am finding it VERY difficult to get parts here in Oz. Citroen Australia want's nothing to with the BX saying "We don't supply parts for those cars" & haven't been able to locate anyone that doesn't just chuckle at you when you tell them you have a BX. Even the most rudimentary stuff is impossible..I was looking for a bottom radiator hose, as the front sway bar had moved over & almost rubbed through it, I was almost ready to fork out 100 quid to buy one from a bloke on Ebay, when a fellow club member dug up one that I got for 45 quid.... I'd love to put a new Octopus on it, but you just can't buy them over here...Yet I see from another post that you can get them from the Citroen Main Dealers. I've been using Ebay worldwide up till now, but some things are just not there.

Anyway, my question is, do any of you guys know of a supplier, main dealer or not, that is willing to pack & post to Australia? I know they sold a stack of BX's in the UK (versus bugger all here), so obviously there is a bigger market for them...Anyone???

Cheers!

Jason
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Re: Parts help for an Aussie

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Can I suggest two good UK sources to start with. For new and recommissioned (as we all remanufactured) parts and lots of good advice: Chevronic, Hitchen, UK. ( http://www.chevronics.co.uk , the head honcho's Rob Moss). For secondhand/recovered and refurbished parts, Edwards & Sons, Billericay ( http://www.edwardsandson.co.uk - ask for Mark). Both, I believe, will ship abroad.
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
motorgnome
Confirmed BX'er
My Cars: BX 19 TRI, Mk1 MG Metro, Mk1 Metro VP, Triumph Dolomite Sprint, Lexus LS400

Post by motorgnome »

Thanks Phillip...I'll give them a go.

Cheers!
motorgnome
Confirmed BX'er

Post by motorgnome »

I just shot them an email each..Chevronics advertise that they ship world wide..so that's a great start. Thanks again Philip.
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

Chris Wannop - 'almostfrench' on here (Aussie Froggs) comes to and fro between England from Adelaide and may be able to assist you in parts sourcing. He has just bought my TGD Auto and is due over here again in May / June.
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
frog
BXpert

Post by frog »

Jason I will try to have a dig around at my fathers place on the weekend. I'm in Brisbane and there should be one there somewhere, but it will be likely hard to find.
1989 Citroën BX 16v
1993 Citroën BX 16v project
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

Disinterested main dealer attitudes towards the BX and older Citroën models isn't restricted to the antipodes I'm afraid. At our local main dealer, the sales staff hadn't a clue when I started to talk about LHM. Radiator hoses are NLA, so it's a case of looking on eBay for NOS ones.
Mark Smith

Is it just me or is everything shit?

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.
2000 XM VSX 2.1 td Auto. Rouge Magenta.
TGD saloon many years ago.

1990 Swift 'Corniche' 12/2 aka BXClub HQ.
Honda Firestorm. Gone, but not forgotten.
2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

My local dealer, Bristol street, are also complete shite.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
motorgnome
Confirmed BX'er

Post by motorgnome »

Thanks Guys. Chevronics have been most helpful. They can do most of my list of stuff (except the top radiator hose pipe), so I have placed an order.

Cheers everyone for your help.
BXImage
Confirmed BX'er

Post by BXImage »

What is the model of your BX? I had same problem with upper hose for my 16i few months ago, and suprisingly I managed to find aftermarket one (Sasic) for reasonable price of 20 euro. I was pretty surprised two days ago, when I went to buy ball joints at official Sasic dealer in Belgrade - in Sasic 2015 catalogue there are still some hoses they produce for BX at reasonable price.

When you want to order something at your local Citroen dealer, it really can be pain in the ass - they just don't want to deal with models before 2000, like Citroen itself wants to forget it's history (and my friends from Volkswagen club can order almost everything for Golf Mk1. :roll:). Even local dealers that want to order some parts have problems, since sometimes you have to wait up to 2 months to get them since Citroen spare parts main center is too sluggish - I waited that much for head gasket and few other bits to arrive.

About octupus and return hoses, they are still availiable for later models, I ordered them in late 2014.
motorgnome
Confirmed BX'er

Post by motorgnome »

BXImage wrote:What is the model of your BX? I had same problem with upper hose for my 16i few months ago, and suprisingly I managed to find aftermarket one (Sasic) for reasonable price of 20 euro. I was pretty surprised two days ago, when I went to buy ball joints at official Sasic dealer in Belgrade - in Sasic 2015 catalogue there are still some hoses they produce for BX at reasonable price.

When you want to order something at your local Citroen dealer, it really can be pain in the ass - they just don't want to deal with models before 2000, like Citroen itself wants to forget it's history (and my friends from Volkswagen club can order almost everything for Golf Mk1. :roll:). Even local dealers that want to order some parts have problems, since sometimes you have to wait up to 2 months to get them since Citroen spare parts main center is too sluggish - I waited that much for head gasket and few other bits to arrive.

About octupus and return hoses, they are still availiable for later models, I ordered them in late 2014.

Hi there..Mine is a BX19 TRI 8 Valve EFI 5 speed. Is there a web site for the Sasic hoses?

I got the Octopus hoses fro Chevronics.

Cheers...Jason
BXImage
Confirmed BX'er

Post by BXImage »

There is catalog on their website, but currently it's not working. I'll post link here when website is availiable again.
motorgnome
Confirmed BX'er

Post by motorgnome »

Thanks, much appreciated.
BXImage
Confirmed BX'er

Post by BXImage »

Finally their website is back to life:

http://www.sasic.com/html/index.php?con ... b=3&srub=0

Just download catalogue you want and look for BX - they're making less and less parts for it but something still can be found.