Spares

Anything about BXs
Dadad
Confirmed BX'er
My Cars: 1990 Citroen BX19 GTi, daily driver. 1990 Peugeot 205 GTi, a hoot in the summer. 1968 Renault 16 TS, just for summer shows. Citroen C4 Picasso Exclusive to tow the caravan.

Spares

Post by Dadad »

Besides my BX19GTi, I have a Renault 16TS. Spares for this are easy as there are several French and Dutch firms from whom I can buy almost anything I need on line. Are there similar firms for my BX ?
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Re: Spares

Post by Kitch »

I never really have a problem getting spares. Some of the obsolete stuff has been replicated and produced by somebody for Chevronics, so they're a good point of contact for certain items. I've bought stuff from all manner of places, but the BX isn't old enough yet that you're actually up shit creak for spares. Some stuff is starting to get thinner on the ground, though. Track rod ends aren't as plentiful as they were!
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
rutter123
Over 2k
My Cars: 90 Bx Tzd turbo ven red 295k
74 D Super 5 black
05 Volvo V50 2.0d 180k
65 Peugeot Boxer work van 280k

Re: Spares

Post by rutter123 »

Never had a prob sourcing bx bits, any good motor factor should be able to supply service parts such as filters, brakes, belts and the like, for hydraulics Plaidies is your best bet they can supply replace or rebuild pretty much all the system with non corrosion cupra nickel pipes, as for body panels its usually a case of s/h or as Kitch says Chevronics or Barry at Bourne Citroen has a good stock and some remade panels, Google search will usually get results.
90 BX Tzd turbo 294k SORN undergoing major surgery
90 BX Tzd turbo estate 46k awaiting surgery
65 Peugeot Boxer Van the new workhorse
52 Toyota Rav4 180k Bulletproof Jap reliability