Wanted Auto pedal box bx19

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Thickasmud
Confirmed BX'er

Wanted Auto pedal box bx19

Post by Thickasmud »

Before I take out the cracked and failing original pedal box I was wondering if anyone had or knew of an available replacement.
Not troubled if its been repaired, reinforced or is just covered in all the mouldy stuff that collects in garage corners I just need to get on
with sorting it out as performance is just embarrassing especially uphill from a standing start :oops:

Plus does anyone know whether the 2 allen bolts for the fixing plate are still available from Citroen, I have a feeling a few maybe needed before the jobs completed :?
rutter123
Over 2k
My Cars: 90 Bx Tzd turbo ven red 295k
74 D Super 5 black
05 Volvo V50 2.0d 180k
65 Peugeot Boxer work van 280k

Re: Wanted Auto pedal box bx19

Post by rutter123 »

I have a good one here, it has been strengthened/repaired but to a good standard, came from my old tgd which was converted to manual, the brake pedal rubber is missing. I have the bolts as well.
£25 plus the post.
90 BX Tzd turbo 294k SORN undergoing major surgery
90 BX Tzd turbo estate 46k awaiting surgery
65 Peugeot Boxer Van the new workhorse
52 Toyota Rav4 180k Bulletproof Jap reliability
Thickasmud
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Thickasmud »

Many thanks rutter123 for spending the time and your patience whilst fitting the replacement pedal box on your driveway last Sunday. The drive home was a perfect mix of those wonderful fen roads, B, fast A then the A1 which doesnt really know what sort of road its supposed to be, an excellent way to rediscover just how good this BX really is. Totally transformed the drivability.

An N/A Diesel Auto is a pessimistic place to be when on 1/3 throttle with the pedal buried as a long hill approaches [-o< . Seems to have tightened up the brake pedal feel as well, so really pleased. Cheers.
rutter123
Over 2k
My Cars: 90 Bx Tzd turbo ven red 295k
74 D Super 5 black
05 Volvo V50 2.0d 180k
65 Peugeot Boxer work van 280k

Post by rutter123 »

No probs was glad to be of service, and a very tidy bx you have there, glad you enjoyed the hack across the southern fens-roads the bx was built for.
90 BX Tzd turbo 294k SORN undergoing major surgery
90 BX Tzd turbo estate 46k awaiting surgery
65 Peugeot Boxer Van the new workhorse
52 Toyota Rav4 180k Bulletproof Jap reliability