wanted

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
lesg
Confirmed BX'er
My Cars: citroen bx gt

wanted

Post by lesg »

sunvisor mounting panel, the one above the rear view mirror that the two visors clip into when not in use. It is for a Mark 1 GT, as one of the round clips has broken and the visor isn't held securely. Preferebly a brown coloured one but any colour would be ok as I would paint it to match as close as possible. Many thanks, Les.
NeilGP
BXpert

Re: wanted

Post by NeilGP »

This is a common issue with the Mk1 visor clips. (I have gone through three of them over the years, the plastic is too brittle).
The solution is
1. Get a piece of copper pipe, or other strong tube. Shape it to clear the visor hook. (need two one for each side)
2. On the exisiting visor, machine out the supporting clip that are supposed to hold the screw locator. (I used a small drill to rout out the clips) this to allow the pipe/tube to fit into the visor.
3. with the pipe temporarily located in the visor, drill a hole on the bottom of the tube drill/visor a small hole to allow a metal pin fixing to the visor clip to the tube.
4. Pin the two together and fix with hard setting epoxy to hold the two together. If the screw fixing tube has already broken off you may be able to epoxy this into the tube.

This has worked for me for the last two years. It is fails again I will try making one out of metal and welding together!
Neil
A476 RBX
Series 1 BX 16TRS
+ 2015 C4 Flair (boring compared to BX!)