Remote Central Locking

BX Tech talk
Photeauart
My Cars: At last a BX! BX19 TZI, others are Toyota Prius, Bedford Rascal (in bits!), SYM gti250, Honda Chaly, Hymer (Fiat) 644G. Previous cars… Dyane, GSA (I think) been that long! Visa, CX Safari.

Remote Central Locking

Post by Photeauart »

I have central locking activated off the key/doors but no plipper on my recently acquired TZi estate. I have found a circuit board loose in the roof behind the centre map light which I presume is the factory fit unit. In the trim is a small round red thingy that I guess is where the unit senses the plipper signal. Am i on a hiding to nothing in the hope of using the original system if I can find a compatible plipper? Or should I just go for a modern replacement unit as found on ebay? Slightly confused as other threads seem to suggest the central locking unit is tucked somewhere by the parking brake! I would like to get it working as almost everything else is up to speed but if it's not worth the faff then I'll concentrate on other bits. Cheers in advance.
mat_fenwick

Re: Remote Central Locking

Post by mat_fenwick »

The central locking control unit IS down by the handbrake, but the receiver is as you suspect up by the map light. If you can find any BX/ZX remote, you can recode it to the original receiver like so:

https://www.bxclub.co.uk/forum/viewtopi ... 15&t=15280

If not, this may be useful:

https://www.bxclub.co.uk/forum/viewtopi ... 15&t=16775

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Post by Jaba »

I can probably dig out a plip transmitter if you decide to go that route. I may have a corresponding receiver board too, if not then the mods to get it to work are quite easy as Mat's links above will show.
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
Photeauart
My Cars: At last a BX! BX19 TZI, others are Toyota Prius, Bedford Rascal (in bits!), SYM gti250, Honda Chaly, Hymer (Fiat) 644G. Previous cars… Dyane, GSA (I think) been that long! Visa, CX Safari.

Post by Photeauart »

Thank you both for the advice. I may take you up on your offer Jaba re the plipper etc and see if I can get it working. In the meantime I'll have a look at the link Mat and get my head round what's involved. Q… Does the receiver have to sit in some way in the red domed thingy to get the signal? The unit was rattling around uo there… just stuck in place with some sticky gunge. Cheers, Phil