BX19 TGD Meteor hatchback.

Advertise your car for sale here. No parts or eBay spots in here please.
pauldaf44
My Cars: BX19 TGD Meteor

BX19 TGD Meteor hatchback.

Post by pauldaf44 »

I have decided it's time to move this one on now. This is not due to any fault with the car simply that I need the space in the yard.

I pulled this BX out of a scrapyard just over a year ago and have recently put it back on the road. The car is road legal, has a long MOT, and I would happily drive her a long distance.

Since I have had her I have done a significant amount of welding to both sills and the passenger side front inner wing. She had new front brake discs and offside radius arm bearings for the MOT as well as a new set of headlamps. She also has a few new sections in the hydraulic pipe work and the car rises as it should.

Driving wise she drives well and has no major mechanical issues, although she does have a few niggles that I am not inclined to repair as I have been happy to live with them. These are listed below.

Speedo needle wobbles
Rev counter works but occasionally wil randomly give a false reading.
Drivers electric windows motor is slow
Passenger windows glass has a nasty habit of falling out of the runners. I can't find the part to fix this.
Heater fan is 1 speed only and comes on with the ignition

As mentioned she is not perfect but she is a good car that can be put straight into everyday use provided you can live with a few niggles. Saying that none of the issues should be too difficult to put right.

Car has done approx 80k miles, has some service history, original citroen manuals, is near Lampeter West Wales and I am open to sensible offers.

Pictures later when I finish cleaning
My current fleet.

1991 BX19 TGD Meteor
1995 Land Rover Defender
1967 DAF 44 Variomatic
1975 DAF 44 Variomatic
1975 Triumph Spitfire MKIV
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Re: BX19 TGD Meteor hatchback.

Post by Tim Leech »