Diesel crankshaft sensor

BX Tech talk
morningglory
Confirmed BX'er
My Cars: 1994 TZD Estate in 'Canal-Boat Green'

Diesel crankshaft sensor

Post by morningglory »

Hi,

My rev counter on my 1.8 TZD is doing that intermittent, jumping around thing, then totally dying when the engine is hot, so I'm pretty sure its the crankshaft sensor that's dead.

Which crankshaft sensor should I buy? There are about a million different types on eBay for all the vehicles with PSA XUD engines and they all seem to be the same spec. Are they interchangeable between XUD9 and XUD7 engines and turbo and N/A? GSF and Chevronics don't seem to have them.

Thanks

Joe
1994 TZD Estate in 'Canal-Boat Green'

morningglory
Confirmed BX'er
My Cars: 1994 TZD Estate in 'Canal-Boat Green'

Re: Diesel crankshaft sensor

Post by morningglory »

For reference.....

As expected, the sensor off a Pug 405 XUD9 is exactly the same as for my Cit XUD7TE. I got one from someone off French Car Forum and just needed to swap the connector. On the Citroen service website, it is listed as a top dead centre sensor and not the speed sensor.
1994 TZD Estate in 'Canal-Boat Green'

Dragon Man
BXpert
My Cars: Citroen Dispatch 2.0L HDi 2005
Fiat Panda 4x4 Sisley 1991

Re: Diesel crankshaft sensor

Post by Dragon Man »

i had the same issue with mine, all i did was undo it slightly then pressed it all the way in so it was touching the flywheel. its worked perfect ever since. worth trying before buying!
- JohnDragonMan

Drives: Citroen Dispatch with retrofitted air conditioning 8)
Classic Fiat Panda 4x4 Sisley named Talon (long term storage)

always buy base spec. that way you have the fun of putting all the cool bit on your vehicle :mrgreen: