8v gti injector fault

BX Tech talk
Gary C
BXpert

8v gti injector fault

Post by Gary C »

Picked up one of the 4x4s on offer last year. Managed to get it going before Xmas albeit not very well. It has stood for several weeks over the holidays and this morning it will not fire at all, it has fuel to the rail, it has spark but injectors will not open (nothing on noid light). Appears to have power on both sides. It uses the Bosch Motronic 3.1 with ecu 0 261 200 206. Have checked all relays that have been found. Tried diagnostic plug in engine bay and had engine dash light flash up start sequence then thru to finish sequence with no fault codes flashing.

Thoughts? Any help appreciated.
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Re: 8v gti injector fault

Post by Jaba »

First thoughts.
Fuel pressure: you should get a good spray if you undo the fuel hose from the rail.I suppose the pressure regulator can fail.
Fuel quality: its been outside for ages what does it look like in a glass jar/bottle, clean and clear or murky.
Injectors: do they open if you apply 12v independently.
TDC sensor: is this functional. ( no K light error so should be ok)
Check the ECU error codes for clues.
Suspect ignition items: plugs, ht coil, ignition amp module and connections to them all.
Compression test if none of the above shows as suspect.

Good luck................
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
Kaapelimies
BXpert

Post by Kaapelimies »

I had 3 of 4 injectors seized in a BX that had stood somewhere over 5 years not driven. One injector working was not enough for the car to even promise starting :D .
She ran just good after finding 3 more workin injectors (I did found a few more seized ones from scrap cars, so test them before installing). Testing is easy, just lift the fuel rail up from the inlet manifold with all injectors connected and turn the ignition on and give a short start. Have a rag or 4 little jars handy.
BX 4x4 estate, several BX Van's and some more normal estates in Finland.
Gary C
BXpert

Post by Gary C »

Been through everything again. Only fault appears to be ecu not allowing injectors to ground out. Has anyone a spare 3.1 ecu they want to sell?
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Post by Jaba »

I have one to loan for diagnosis. It has a fault, the fuel pump runs continually with ignition on before engine starts but it works normally otherwise
I am away for a couple of weeks ATM
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
Gary C
BXpert

Post by Gary C »

PM for you Jaba.