Info required for 16 Trs

BX Tech talk
AlanS
BXpert

Info required for 16 Trs

Post by AlanS »

Got a guy over here who degutted one Trs to put into another but now finds the wires to all the underbonnet components as well as the hoses to the anti pollution gear don't match up. The anti pollution he feels may be exclusive to Oz and Sweden but not 100% certain.
If anyone has any service manuals or diagrams that can be attached to an e-mail, let me know and I'll send you his e-mail addy so you can send them direct.

Alan S
By the time you're old enough to know it all, you can't remember why you were learning.
(CZ)enda
Confirmed BX'er

Post by (CZ)enda »

Hmmm....
Do you mean circa 1988 16TRS with BAY/BAZ engine (electronic single-chamber Solex carb with ECU, electric fuel pump, carb-cooling fan and other strange gizmos)? AFAIK these were for Switzerland and Sweden.
I have some Swedish .pdf files for these, each is under 1 MB.
I downloaded them from the Net about a year ago, but the link is long forgotten.
AlanS
BXpert

Post by AlanS »

I think this is where the problem may be.
It has a twin throat Weber with contactless distributor.
It seems they vary from Country to country but anything at this stage should be some help.

Alan S
By the time you're old enough to know it all, you can't remember why you were learning.
(CZ)enda
Confirmed BX'er

Post by (CZ)enda »

OK, PM me his e-mail address and I will send him the files. At least he can practice his Swedish on them 8)
AlanS
BXpert

Post by AlanS »

Thanks mate, PM sent wuith contact details.

Alan S
(CZ)enda
Confirmed BX'er

Post by (CZ)enda »

2 files sent.
It will be interesting to see whether he indeed has the BAY/BAZ engine. I thought they were rather rare. I am one of those unlucky enough to have it :?
AlanS
BXpert

Post by AlanS »

Spoke to the guy concerned today and it seems the info you sent was exactly what he needed.
Thanks very much; another one saved. Long story to this one.

Alan S