rear window

BX Tech talk
BXurbane

rear window

Post by BXurbane »

Can anyone tell me how to remove the rear passenger door glass? mine are manual.

Thanks all
rutter123
Over 2k
My Cars: 90 Bx Tzd turbo ven red 295k
74 D Super 5 black
05 Volvo V50 2.0d 180k
65 Peugeot Boxer work van 280k

Re: rear window

Post by rutter123 »

Unscrew the push/pull lock knob, remove the 3 screws from the underside of the internal pull handle, remove window winding handle, unclip the plastic surround around the opening handle, carefully unclip the door liner starting at the bottom then slide it up an inch or so and it should come off.
90 BX Tzd turbo 294k SORN undergoing major surgery
90 BX Tzd turbo estate 46k awaiting surgery
65 Peugeot Boxer Van the new workhorse
52 Toyota Rav4 180k Bulletproof Jap reliability
BXurbane

Post by BXurbane »

Thanks for your reply. I have removed all the seals and the window channel, so the glass is very loose, but I can't get it out. does the glass have to be angled? does it come out inside or out?
Many thanks
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Post by Jaba »

You have to remove the outside weather strip at the top of the door, the runners from the bottom of the glass, the weather seal - thats the U shaped long seal from all three sides then the window comes out upwards tilting it outwards initially. Its not too difficult until you start to put it back in.

Get yourself a Haynes manual as it describes a lot of the BX jobs we all have to do from time to time.
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
BXurbane

Post by BXurbane »

Thanks all, I had stripped all the rubbers including the long one, but the glass was still too wide to come out. What did the trick was to remove the upright black plastic trim along the quarterlight. This pulls off and allows the glass to slip out on the inside of the door. When putting it back I found it easiest to unbolt the winder mechanism, which makes it easy to re-engage the runners. My Haynes manual was not so helpfull.