Heater fan control

BX Tech talk
petergar
Confirmed BX'er
My Cars: Citroen BX Athena, RBS8 hillclimb car, VW EOS

Heater fan control

Post by petergar »

This one is driving me up the wall now.....I have the fan working but very bizarrely. I bought a new resistor unit from Garage 80 and bingo I now have a fan, but the controls are not right. Using a clock face my understanding is the control knob should work with no fan at 1 o'clock, moving round clockwise to maximum at 11 o'clock or thereabouts. My fan is at no fan at 1 o'clock turning through clockwise to about 7 o'clock where it is at about half power.......it won't turn clockwise any further........to get maximum I have to go anti-clockwise from 1 o'clock to 11 o'clock? Does anyone know what the heck is going on?!
petergar
Confirmed BX'er

Re: Heater fan control

Post by petergar »

I should add that the Bowden cable isn't currently attached
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Post by Jaba »

It might be worth having a look with the knob pulled off at the keyed rotating sleeve the knob actually turns. This might be in the wrong position.
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
petergar
Confirmed BX'er

Post by petergar »

Jaba wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:35 pm It might be worth having a look with the knob pulled off at the keyed rotating sleeve the knob actually turns. This might be in the wrong position.
Thanks for replying but I have checked the knob and it is working as it should.....I even swapped it for one of the others.....it's most bizarre - it turns and works perfectly, I just cannot fathom why it works like it does unless there is something amiss with the wiring in the system.