Really stupid question but here goes.

BX Tech talk
Calfskin
Confirmed BX'er

Really stupid question but here goes.

Post by Calfskin »

I was at an auction today (really shouldn't go with my weak will, etc... LOL) but I saw a furio red ZX Volcane on an L plate with the wheels I wanted but is there anything else I can salvage off a ZX?

For example, I like the bumpers, and they look like they have similar overhangs but is the ZX wider or narrower than a BX? Is this really stupid?? LOL

If I can get a ZX Volcane in red, which is a lot more likely than a furio red BX TZ, I'd like to swap the bumpers across if poss...
RIP Rene, 1992 - 2006.
He was the best car I ever owned.
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

The chances of the bumpers being interchangeable, or even able to be fitted are slim-to-nil.

You could of course make up brackets etc, but I seriously doubt they will look right on a different car.
this might be a signature
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

The ZX is a tubby little thing and is actually about 2 inches wider than a BX and has a significantly worse steering lock - and I thought the BX with PAS had a poor lock.

In fact the ZX is a very different car and apart from the engine/transmission I doubt if anything apart from bulbs and bolts fits.

Could be worth a measure of the bumpers as they both fit under the indicators and lights and the ZX may taper more than a BX (don't think it does) but I wouldn't think you will have any joy.

jeremy
Calfskin
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Calfskin »

Well I feel a bit daft! LOL

Thanks though, I'll just buy it for the wheels and then sell it on. Basically getting my wheels for free. :) LOL.

So the hunt for the red BX TZ starts (or atleast bumpers)... LOL

Calf
RIP Rene, 1992 - 2006.
AlanS
BXpert

Post by AlanS »

Calfskin wrote:Well I feel a bit daft! LOL

Thanks though, I'll just buy it for the wheels and then sell it on. Basically getting my wheels for free. :) LOL.

So the hunt for the red BX TZ starts (or atleast bumpers)... LOL

Calf
Why do you need the bumpers?
TZi bumpers can be painted quite successfully. They can also be mended quite easily. One of my sons TZi had crappy bumpers when he bought the car including an "inverted" ding in the O/S corner. I pulled and filled the dent using a combination of a heat gun, a piece of wood and some body filler, and repainted both bars. All went well until he barrelled a Rottweiller/Ridgeback cross one night at 110KPH (I was in with him at the time) :shock: :shock: which besides cracking the bar also made a mess of the paint, but as soon as he gets his finger out and gets his Mi16 on the road, we intend to remove and repair and I've no doubts it will come back again better than new.
I think I actually did a write up on the job, so if it's any interest let me know and I'll go looking for it for you.

Alan S
By the time you're old enough to know it all, you can't remember why you were learning.
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

[quote="Calfskin"

Thanks though, I'll just buy it for the wheels and then sell it on. Basically getting my wheels for free. :) LOL

Calf[/quote]

You're pretty good at that.
Cornishbx16v
BXpert

Post by Cornishbx16v »

if its a volcane they are nice motors! handle very well indeedy! nice looking too imo! i would be tempted to run it around for a bit!
Timmo.

After all I AM CORNISH!!!!

www.bx16v.com
www.bx16v.co.uk/forum
www.bx16valve.co.uk
Calfskin
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Calfskin »

Damn, I knew there would be a flaw in my plan... LOL
RIP Rene, 1992 - 2006.