GTI auto on eBay... I have some more info

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

GTI auto on eBay... I have some more info

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I asked the seller a question and he sent me some pix which I can forward to interested parties. It seems a good car with Tax and MOT with an honest seller. I was considering it for the engine and as a general spares car as it's very similar to my GTI auto. But I think it's far too good to break. £125 start (no reserve) for a car that's a good drive-away seems good to me. Desirable colour! :D

So go on guys get one. As Billy will tell you, a GTI auto can be a rewarding car indeed...

Here's the link: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... %3AIT&rd=1

And here's the guy's reply to my request for more info.

Hi Phil,
No issues mechanically that I am aware of , the pictures show the condition of the body work although its not concourse a quick blow over wouldn't do it any harm.
I wouldn't spend the money on a respray as in my mind the car just isn't worth it as its not a classic (just yet anyway...?). However an enthusiast such as yourself might see things differently.
Defiantly too good to break for spares but again the parts are worth more than the car.
If the car has ABS it does not work! It was built in 1990 but registered in 1991 so I really couldn't say if its fitted or not, if you tell me what to look for (I suspect some form of wires to a sensor type arrangement) I will check.
No LHM leaks, no overheating issues and no smoke on start up leads me to believe the mileage is genuine but no history to back this up.
The inner wings have been greased at some stage, there is no corrosion apparent where the wings meet the sills, all in all allot of car for not allot of money.
The car owes me £275 including purchase price, but I doubt I would get it!!!!
Oh, 8 owners on the log book and comes with new cam belt I have not had chance to fit.
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Sounds like a Bargain to me. but ive got the BX I want now so cant see me buying anymore for a while (he says!)

Tim
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Well, I've put my foot in the door now :roll:
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

You gonna buy it Phil, you know you want too?
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Well, I have to be honest.... :wink:

Mind you, having just sold on a perfectly good GTI auto, what am I thinking?! :roll:
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Good luck Phil, and you`re right they`re brilliant to drive :lol:
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Its a sickness we all suffer from mate, were all infected so in your good company!
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

10 hours to go and no other bids. Am I going to get it after all? I really don't mind if anyone else wants to bid... (not that I don't want it, but I don't like to 'stiffle' the auction - especially as the seller's been so good and communicative)...
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Looks like both of us have new BX autos to play with! 16v is in the painshop having FAR too much spent on it! So i need something to polish in the evening!
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

A slip of the keystroke - or did you mean 'painshop', Tim? :lol:
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Well, it's academic now as I was outbid. Not a problem really, as why should I be looking to get another BX GTi auto when I've just got rid of one?

Another day, eh? 8)
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

There`s always the one in Wigan!
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Lol its the paintshop untl I have to settle the bill then its painful! Mind shes worth it, will cost about £300 all told to make her look pretty so it will owe me £700 all told which is still good for a 16v!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Not bad going at all, do you get a discount at work?
Vauxhall apologist.